Fiat CR 42, Revell (reshaped), 1/72

JWM

Hi

Years ago the Revell CR 42 was the only one on the market. I made it for the first time about 40 years ago, and some 20 years ago I was not able to accept any longer it bad look. I removed old paint and tried to reshape as much as possible. I made wider rear part of fuselage by about 1.5 mm but still it remains too round, I am affraid. I reshaped the cowling and the undercarridge as weel as added some inlets and outlets of air. At present much better kits are available (Pavla - second hand and Italeri) so perhaps one day I will try again to model this very nice Fiat last biplane. Markings are from 162 Sq., 161 Gruppo, Scarpanto (Aegan Sea area), IV-V 1941 so from the war against Grecce. Decals by Esci (also about 40 yrs old now, rather tick...)

Please have a look - comments welcome

Regrads

Jerzy-Wojtek

cr42 DSC03259cr42 DSC03260cr42 DSC03269cr42 DSC03270cr42 DSC03271cr42 DSC03273

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 20

Nice paint job, italian camos are always a challenge, did this one decades ago, in my youth, the result was bad but i remember it was a nice kit.

And can be build into a nice little gem, as yours ! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thank you Bernd, Houston and Mario for comments.

What about showing us your "Pudgy" next?

No problem, just waiting for sunny weather to make photos :) I have already three next models photographed, so I will post them before Pudgy V.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 3

• 2 years later...