Killer Sharks (and an old friend)

I thin Xtracrylix with water and a tiny dash of Winsor & Newton Galeria flow improver. I recommend W&N Galeria products very highly indeed, especially their flat varnish which is excellent although does need to be thinned for spraying.

Copydex doesn't leave a residue. It always comes off in one piece. However, I have found that it can affect the surface texture of some paints. Lifecolor has a matt surface texture and can be very fragile immediately after spraying. If I apply Copydex within twelve hours of spraying, it tends to leave the covered areas with a glossy sheen. This makes the colour look different, but it disappears after a coat of gloss varnish. My remedy is to let Lifecolor dry for a full day before attempting to mask it. In my experience Xtracrylix dries gloss and can be masked within a couple of hours, although I still tend to give it a full day.

Thanks Enzo does the flow improver break down the surface tension of the water because I've tried water before and ended up with coloured blobs all over a kit

That's exactly what it does. Do you live in a hard water area? If so, you could try thinning the paint with still spring drinking water rather than tap water. Even a tiny dash of washing up liquid (dish soap for our American colleagues) might work.

• 1 month later...

I've just realised that I haven't updated this thread in some time! :banghead:

They are actually all finished, but I'll carry on with a bit more progess. Here is the Tomahawk sprayed with Xtracrylix XA-1002 Dark Earth

T-005.jpg

And the rest of 'em join in!

005.jpg

006.jpg

The undersides were sprayed with Lifecolor UA-098 Azure Blue

007.jpg

• Like 1