Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck 1/72

It's not actually that bad a kit, it just demands some extra time getting things lined up (its not Tamiya), but hey we are modellers aren't we! I have built the same one, had to readjust the tail after final assembly, and the decals did come apart on me, luckily had an extra set, and pieced them together. I have 2 mk iv's and 2 mk V's to go. Will be using Arrow Graphics and Modeldecal (Belgian MkV), replacement ejection seats. Hobbycraft is not Hasegawa, but they do have some interesting kits. The new Avro Arrow looks good, built the old one and had to hack it into pieces to get a better looking kit. For Canadian modellers, they are the only game in town, ie for an Otter, Caribou, and a Tutor.

• Like 1

It's not actually that bad a kit, it just demands some extra time getting things lined up (its not Tamiya), but hey we are modellers aren't we! I have built the same one, had to readjust the tail after final assembly, and the decals did come apart on me, luckily had an extra set, and pieced them together. I have 2 mk iv's and 2 mk V's to go. Will be using Arrow Graphics and Modeldecal (Belgian MkV), replacement ejection seats. Hobbycraft is not Hasegawa, but they do have some interesting kits. The new Avro Arrow looks good, built the old one and had to hack it into pieces to get a better looking kit. For Canadian modellers, they are the only game in town, ie for an Otter, Caribou, and a Tutor.

I had trouble with the tail wing, and it ate filler like it were Pringles. But good enough for Government work.

I put some Microscale decal liquid on the decals as I had had a Hobbycraft set of decals fall apart on me before & didn't want a repeat of that.

J

Could not agree more. My Dad spent 35 years at de Havilland Canada and the Hobbycraft Caribou and Otter sit on his side table. Not shake and bake kits but great CDN subjects.

• Like 1

I have one of each to build having parted with my first build I posted here last year. But to improve things, I have just recieved fro Obscureco a detail set that includes new intakes, cockpit tub and walls pluse seats and a new wheel bay that I just dry fited and ifts like a dream! This set will go a long way to make the model worthy and any deceny aftemarket set will also do it justice which will be my next purchases.