Radial Engines Rock GB Chat

CliffB

That sounds like an ambitious scheme AP. One of each for the GB? :winkgrin:

Given that there were about 200 ex-military C-47s and variants that came onto the Australian civil register after the Second Great Unpleasantness, not to mention the ANA aircraft from before the war that remained on the register (and were proper DC-3s), and most of them carried at least three different schemes during their lives, I doubt it! I'll give it a good go, just the same ...

• Like 1

Missed this one.....I'm in with an M4 or M4A1 Sherman. :coolio:

well, you learn something new every day! I was aware that M3 Stuart tanks had radial engines, but I wasn't aware that Shermans did.

Yassee.... this is why I love Britmodeller.

• Like 1

Given my current fascination with armour, I'm looking at an M3 Honey tank.

Missed this one.....I'm in with an M4 or M4A1 Sherman. :coolio:

Welcome aboard Enzo and Sarge :)

I still find it a strange concept to put a radial engine within the confined space of a tank...

Maintenance must have been challenging (given that even basic stuff requires access from all angles).

Cheers

Cliff

CliffB that Curtiss A-3 Falcon in the pic above is a strange " inline " looking radial or do you know something I don't??

• Like 1

CliffB that Curtiss A-3 Falcon in the pic above is a strange " inline " looking radial or do you know something I don't??

Hi Paul, the idea is to chop the nose off the A-3 and replace it with the nose of the Hawk. The end result should be a Bolivian 'Cyclone Falcon'!

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 2

Hi Paul, the idea is to chop the nose off the A-3 and replace it with the nose of the Hawk. The end result should be a Bolivian 'Cyclone Falcon'!

Cheers

Cliff! I see.

Aah! I see now. Should be interesting.

• Like 1

Should a package arrive from a certain large internet-based model retailer today I'll have the last part in a puzzle that will eventually resemble (hopefully) a Sea Fury one done so that's my first choice of entry for this GB :D

• Like 1

I spent a fantastic afternoon yesterday having a 'Tank Battle Experience' at Armourgeddon (nr Lutterworth, Leics.)

IMG_2943_zpswvppq2gp.jpg

In addition to the FV430s equipped with overgrown paint ball guns, there is also a surprisingly large military vehicle museum. I saw this and thought of you!

IMG_0488_zpskkwsz6cr.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 2

'ere, I just though of ann-ovver AFV with radial engine; the WW2 amphiby Buffalo, used the Continental R-670

I must seek out a couple of the old Airfix kits

I didn't know that! Something a little different :thumbsup:

That looks like so much fun Cliff.....Is that an FV432 with a turret? :shrug:

I'm not sure exactly what an FV432 is, but it was definitely an FV430 series something - and yes it had a turret. As a three 'man' crew, we rotated positions between driver, gun aimer and loader. Then we closed up and had two paint ball duels (12 'shells' each session), against another tank. The result was a 1:1 draw! Great fun and highly recommended :) .

Sign me up for this one again Clifff, I don't think that I have signed up for much next year.

That's great nimrod54 - will do! :)

Cliff

I don't know how I hadn't seen this before. :shrug:. Please could I be added to the list? I need a push to build a Northrop Delta kit (a terrible old Dekno resin one). This will make me do it!

Best regards

Tony

• Like 3

Please could I be added to the list? I need a push to build a Northrop Delta kit (a terrible old Dekno resin one). This will make me do it!

Best regards

Tony

Certainly! Welcome aboard Tony.

I know of the old (Spanish?), Dekno resin kits only by reputation :devil: . Having said that, I've been looking for years for one of their Macchi M.18s to fill a gap in my Chaco war aircraft collection. No joy so far......

Cliff

• Like 1

Thanks Cliff that's great. You're right, it's like Manuel in Fawly Towers; from Barcelona....

It is almost a blob of completely solid resin, and every time I open the box (for years now); this happens:

:door:.

Some of their kits were OK, and the new CAD designed kits are lovely. This is neither! :D

I'll get a belt sander, pneumatic drill and a few hundredweight of filler ordered...

Looking forward to it; it can't languish forever! :fight:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 2