Radial Engines Rock GB Chat

CliffB

• 3 weeks later...

I have just bought a Gee Bee racer in 1/32 from a friend. If the Racing GB is a no go and this one is I will build it here. If both are thrue than I will need a second back-up. But there is enough in the stash to build on here, so that is not a problem.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I have just bought a Gee Bee racer in 1/32 from a friend. If the Racing GB is a no go and this one is I will build it here. If both are thrue than I will need a second back-up. But there is enough in the stash to build on here, so that is not a problem.

Cheers,

What a great choice! Possibly the highest engine:fuselage ratio of any radial engined aircraft?

Just got a Revell 1/48 B-17F, just to keep you happy Cliff.

Hooray - a multi! Thanks Doug.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder folks (if any is needed), that this GB would be open to any radial or rotary piston engined subject - land, sea or air. :)

Or all three if you choose a Catalina.

Cliff

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

(POOM POOM POOM Is this thing on?)... :D

I've been stopping in for a schedule. Any news yet?

I've gathered together my RCAF PV-1 bits and now that I've fondled them they don't want me to go.

Edited by DarylH

As Mish says, things aren't looking too good!

Already thinking about how I might sneak a few radial engines into the more popular Group Builds (purely as a precaution you understand ;) ).

Keep the faith.

Cliff

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

So folks, we're almost half way through the year now and I guess we have a feel for the GB choices that will be available for next year.

Although the Radial Engines Rock GB wasn't successful in 2016, it did do pretty well (second highest loser after Rising Sun), so it maybe warrants a second chance this time round. We qualify for an automatic entry in this year's vote if we want it - so what do you think? I'm still happy to Host, if there's interest :) .

To recap, the GB would cover any subject that features a radial or rotary piston engine.

Aircraft wise, there is a massive choice from WW1 through to Korea, sleek fighters through to heavy bombers and of course a great choice civil subjects too.

Edit: Helicopters as well, of course (thanks for the reminder Rob G!).

Armour wise, there are options too (I'm afraid you guys will know better than me what these are!).

There is also this.......

Anyone still interested in a Radial Engine GB?

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

Why not, I voted for it last time!

As for subjects, there's boats and racing cars as well. Possibly a motorcycle from New Zealand, too. And heliclopters. Lots of scope.

I might make a start on a Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane. But don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, that's a very clear response :thumbsup: . I'll ask Enzo to include us in the 2017 GB vote!

Whilst not strictly necessary, I'll update the list in post #1 to reflect current interest.

Any further takers?

Cheers

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like an ambitious scheme AP. One of each for the GB? :winkgrin:

My current plan is for a kit bash.

Most of this.....

Falcon_zpsjg26qurs.jpg

Combined with the front of this...

Hawk_zpsiakbste1.jpg

Cheers

Cliff