DUCATI 1199 PANIGALE STGB

D1fuN0

Just had a look at the kit and I must say it's a nice looking kit and from what I see, looks like it is great value for money.

Now I'm not fan of mono shock crotch rockets ridden by the reincarnated spirits of Japanese kamikaze pilots. But I can see the appeal of this kit to motorcycle modellers.

Now I'm not going to sign up for this GB, but if it was to go ahead and I had the time and inclination, I might just be persuaded to join it given the quality this kit seems to suggest.

Just had a look at the kit and I must say it's a nice looking kit and from what I see, looks like it is great value for money.

Now I'm not fan of mono shock crotch rockets ridden by the reincarnated spirits of Japanese kamikaze pilots. But I can see the appeal of this kit to motorcycle modellers.

Now I'm not going to sign up for this GB, but if it was to go ahead and I had the time and inclination, I might just be persuaded to join it given the quality this kit seems to suggest.

Go on Mish.....you know you want too! Join the dark side......

ATB

Kamikaze? But, but, but... it's Italian!

I think Ms Mish was refering to the way that some chaps actually ride the real bikes. Not that anyone of the riders here on BM would do such a thing of course....

Mish, I think you've gone and done it now....

All those in favour of voting Mish into the STGB...... say AYE.

Its okay, we'll give you a head start, seeing as youre a girl :coolio:

(okay, im going to go hide now)

Steve

• Like 1

I think Ms Mish was refering to the way that some chaps actually ride the real bikes. Not that anyone of the riders here on BM would do such a thing of course....

Mish, I think you've gone and done it now....

All those in favour of voting Mish into the STGB...... say AYE.

Its okay, we'll give you a head start, seeing as youre a girl :coolio:

(okay, im going to go hide now)

Steve

Well I don't ride one, but the company I work for does have a Panigale in the showroom for demo purposes for the products we sell.

I also picked up a Yamaha MT-09 Tracer from London last night for working on and then returning.

Rick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

c48ecaeabc7176a7a4140806dbcd3e47_zps26ab

Guys if you want any information on the details I can supply you with any photos you need as I am the proud owner of one.

Nice one Turbine_Man, they are nice bikes.

Guys I can also supply lots of detail photos as the company I work for owns one to make accessories for. Don't hesitate to ask.

Rick

Hiya guys and gir

Thanks for the offers of info and pics from everyone.

We are currently sitting at 9 bods and we need 15, so 6 more yays to get this off the ground.

Always so many comments about no bike and car GB's, but when someone posts an idea for one, theres barely a trickle of interested people.

This is how we keep our branch of the hobby going, getting photos and builds and GB's out on BM, for everyone to see, and who knows, we might even snare a few more victims :)

Im going to leave the thread open for another week and see what happens

Thanks to the guys and girls that have shown their support so far

Steve

For most of the last 40+ years I have been an avowed builder of 'things with wings' with the occasional foray into the world of armour and ships. I have NEVER built a motorcycle kit but earlier this year, in a rush of blood to the head, I took the plunge and bought a couple of Tamiya's excellent kits to try something different. One of these was the 1199 Panigale !........so count me in for the proposed STGB. I may even invest in one of those super detail kits too.

3 to go.............

Cheers

Mark

For most of the last 40+ years I have been an avowed builder of 'things with wings' with the occasional foray into the world of armour and ships. I have NEVER built a motorcycle kit but earlier this year, in a rush of blood to the head, I took the plunge and bought a couple of Tamiya's excellent kits to try something different. One of these was the 1199 Panigale !........so count me in for the proposed STGB. I may even invest in one of those super detail kits too.

3 to go.............

Cheers

Mark

Woohoo... Thanks Mark

Thats the way old chap, get yerself into those bikes and see the world in a different light... :)

Good idea to get a superdetail set, they are amazing.

Steve

I'm getting quite excited :yahoo: The kit does look like a very nice build and at a reasonable price, from what I can see there is a far amount of after market as well.

Only ever built one bike kit at that was when I was a nipper.So as I said before if this one goes ahead and I'm not too busy I might well join in this one.

BTW….If anyone is interested, I may be able to lay my hands on a 'spare' Tamiya 1199 Panigale for a fairly reasonable price….Let's see if we can get this STGB off the ground or, more accurately, on the road….