Hasegawa Mosquito 1/72 B MkIV - Summer Holiday Shelf of Doom Clearance

Continuing with some "Shelf of Doom" sitters that I have been finishing up over the summer break, I had actually forgotten I had this one at the back 80% complete with a very thick layer of dust. Completed straight out of the box as a machine from 105 Squadron RAF, December 1942. Brush painted Tamiya acrylics. I managed to screw up applying one of the serial numbers and the two-piece canopy was a sod to work with but I think she has come out OK, and has encouraged me to finish the Tamiya 1/48 Mossie that I also have as a long term hanger queen. Thanks for looking.

8A5C4D3A-8A21-411B-8FF4-E4E055E03CD3_zps

F886B4AD-D475-4A2E-9F91-9205E4945204_zps

662C250C-47A1-41FE-8B10-5A2E1CBB6829_zps

D9A46279-6438-4883-8AC0-2725AD82AD4A_zps

5FCD05F0-4A85-479F-8E01-826B3B021405_zps

• Like 16

Good to see another model off the dreaded shelf of doom and you have made a nice example. I agree with you about the 2 part canopy - for this reason I much prefer the Tamiya example in 1/72. The 1/48 Tamiya also makes a lovely model so it's well worth getting that one off the S.O.D (unfortunate acronym...)

Cheers

Richard C

• Like 1

Great build and its in good company with your Lancaster. Its always a good feeling to recover a kit from the shelf of doom ( box in my case)

The Mossie is probably the most beautiful designed piston engined aircraft, did this kit a while back, the two half canopy was tricky.

Well done !

• Like 1

That is one nice MK IV Mossie. Good job and thanks for sharing it with us.

Zhizhou

• Like 1

The Mk.IV is my favourite Mossie. Must be the glazed nose.

Well, the good thing is that the hassles you had cannot be seen on the finished product. It looks just great!

And I am always impressed by people who can get such a good paint job by brush painting Tamiya acrylics!!! Never easy for me, even on small surfaces. Imagine the disaster on a whole airframe?!!!

Great job!

JR

• Like 1

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I now have a couple of mossies to finish - the previously mentioned hanger queen and the Airfix 1/48 scale kit I picked up over Christmas. Rather fancy the silver SEAC scheme. Any pointers to any issues I should be aware of?

Edited by SimonL
  • Like 1

Did the Tamiya FB Mk.VI some years back, is fun to build, started the Tamiya B Mk.IV as well, should be a realaxing session as well.

Good luck with your "Hangar Queen"

• Like 1