Thunderbirds - Tracy brothers!

Roy,

I don't know which Thunderbirds series you watched when you were a kid but Scott is the only one who looks a little like the puppet, perhaps John a little less, the rest look like a badly put together boy band. The CGI Captain Scarlet looked much better even if they had to redesign and rename the vehicles. I for one won't be watching this as I'd be half expecting there to be a musical interlude half way through the adventure.

Sorry, but I think Gerry will be turning in his cardboard box..

• Like 1

I dunno what grumpy pills Flektor and Paul are taking, but me, I think they look pretty good -- a clear nod to the originals for us oldies; and an updated look for the "Ben 10" generation, who, let's remind ourselves, are the intended audience... I have every faith in the production and effects companies behind this one, so I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until I've watched a few. Not watching them because there might be a musical interlude seems a bit of an over the top reaction, especially bearing mind that the ORIGINAL featured a musical interlude by the leading "boy band" of the time, Cliff and the Shadows...

bestest,

M.

• Like 1

I'm not Grumpy, I'm Happy. That aside, the interlude was at the end of the film "Thunderbirds are Go!" so can be excused (perhaps).

I know the remake is aimed at a different generation but come on, kids demand excellence and I don't think One Direction in IR uniforms is going to cut it.

Alan looks Alan-ish as well, but as I'm nearly 60 I'm not the target audience!

I'll watch the series (well get it on DVD probably), just as I did Captain Scarlet.

Hopefully Fireball XL-5 and/or Stingray will also be remade...

Scott, Alan and John all look fairly like their original puppets, the most they have been changed is in their hairstyles - which is to be expected the boys hair style of the 1960's isnt relevant in todays society. Virgil I could only really identify by his chin initially... giving him black hair instead of dark brown to obviously make him more distinguishable from Scott and adding onto that the change in style made it difficult to identify him with his character.... and then theres Gordon.... well no one really liked Gordon thats why he gets stuck alone in a small submarine while everyone else gets rockets, massive aircraft and space stations to play with.... I kid, but he does appear the most different and I dont know it its bad to say it the most plastic....

I think they look okay.... the uniforms will need to grow on me but I now want to see how Lady P, Parker and Jeff have all turned out.... as well as the vehicles.

Lets face it, the old Thunderbirds ain't going to hack it with today's youth are they, I think we expect things not to change from our youth and get upset when they do

Having said that, the 'old' Thunderbirds is second only to Star Trek (the original series) as the most worldwide syndicated and continually repeated TV series ever....

I don't think Gerry would be worrying about if it will still 'hack it' in ANOTHER 50 years time. It's a given it will be just about timeless.

Roy.

Given the differing hair colour, I wonder if Jeff got a DNA test done.

I have to say, though, that the rendering of the hair on the three chappies on the right is the worst I've seen in CGI in a long time.

Graham

• Like 1

Given the differing hair colour, I wonder if Jeff got a DNA test done.

I have to say, though, that the rendering of the hair on the three chappies on the right is the worst I've seen in CGI in a long time.

Graham

DNA test,I've got tears in my eyes.Funny! Can he get one with no strings attached though?

I'm a SERIOUS 'original' Thunderbirds fan, but I do wonder if the new series is coming in for some unfair stick before we've even seen it.

If the original TB was being shown for the first time now, imagine the flack it would get:

OMG - Look at those ROPES holding them up!!

WOW - look how big their heads are!!

HA-HA-.... They walk so FUNNY!!

Isn't the program so SLOW - Nothing happens for AGES!!

The whole story could be fit into 20 minutes if they got a MOVE ON...

Everything is made of bits from AIRFIX kits!!

And so on...

And I LOVE the original series.

Roy.

I've corrected it...

A mental blockage on my part when I originally posted the thread...

Roy.

Cheers, it was just bugging me, just one of those things.

I'm not sure about Thunderbirds being the most syndicated show after Star Trek. For instance it did get much of a showing in the US. I think I'm right in saying Fireball XL5 was the only Anderson TV series that was properly networked in the US.

Certainly up and until Star Wars came along it was the TV series with the most licensed merchandise - and is still up there.

Marty...

You do know who their mother was don't you?

Not a 100% TBer, but is their mother ever mentioned? I believe she had her own separate career, even becoming a Special Constable;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Tracy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/sheila-tracy-trombonist-who-became-britains-first-woman-newsreader-before-presenting-truckers-hour-and-big-band-special-9773703.html

• Like 1