Air New Zealand 787

Hi everyone

on my recent trip back home to Nul Zuuland, I was at the airport in Christchurch when I saw the newish Air New Zealand scheme in black and white. I was taken back at how striking it was. I did a Google search on the aircraft ANZ have and I saw the 787 in this scheme and loved it. I am not a huge fan of the nose of the 787 but I don't hate it either, so when I got back to Or-stray-ya I bought the Revell boxing of the 787

I was surprised at how lacking in detail it was - no cockpit, no wheel well cabling and faint panel lines. This hasn't stopped me from adding a few bits of wiring here and here and I even took the cockpit out of my recently trashed A330 and stuck it in the 787. Yeah, I know that's very wrong - but it needed something in there - not a black hole. As it turns out, you can't really see much in there anyway, but I know there's something in there ;)

I bought a set of decals from old model decals in NZ and even though they're made for a 787-9, they still fit ok. The ANZ 787's are the 9 variant, but I wasn't about to go through the process of buying another 787 just to add a couple of inches. I just wanted a 787 with that scheme!

The decals are good - a little bit thin, but never the less good. He has gone to digital decals now and they are so much better than the old ink jet ones he has. No clear over spray required! Great :D

Anyway, this was just a quick fun build and nothing serious. Me and airliners have never been great mates and I doubt we ever will, but this has sated my appetite for a while. It's way better than that A330 I did a year or so ago!

IMG_9878_zps714eda1e.jpg

IMG_9875_zps9b1faff1.jpg

IMG_9915_zps14cc71fd.jpg

IMG_9921_zps82e93a4c.jpg

IMG_9928_zps9374e694.jpg

IMG_9923_zpsb740b7db.jpg

IMG_9924_zps971b1c45.jpg

IMG_9925_zpsfd41400e.jpg

IMG_9929_zps3f7d4292.jpg

IMG_9928_zps9374e694.jpg

Please excuse the not so great photography. I took them late at night and I don't have great lights to work with.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look
MH

• Like 19

Love the look of this. Not bad for aircraft you're 'not best mates with'!

• Like 1

Love the new NZ livery and you've finished this lovely. Well done

Apart from the fact that you've done an exceptionally good job on the model, as you've swapped flight decks, you're also going to be credited as the guy that brought the sidestick and table to Boeing! Now that has to be a good thing!

• Like 2

Love the extra detail you added, and as mentioned, for a genre you don't enjoy all that much, you still turned out a thing of beauty.

The modern shape of jetliners is slowly growing on me.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1