Calling all Spitfire experts

Machado

Hi folks!

I realy need the assistance from the Britmodeller experts.I am building the Airfix's Spitfire to depict the famous DW-K (P9495 Mk1a).

With the information that I already have gathered in this forum and other sources from the internet I found out the this particular aircraft was build at Eastleigh and its first flight was on 16th April 1940. Arrived at 610 Squadron early June 1940 then it was written off due to the damages suffered during a fight with a 109 on 12.8.40.

Considering these datas my doubts so far are the following:

Can I assume that this aircraft was fitted with the metal seat instead of the SRBP seat?

Did the armour that was fitted after the Dunkirk included the plate behind the engine, the bullet proof windscreen and the armour plating behind the seat and the head cushion? I believe that none of Mk1 kits that I know of have the armour behind the seat. Were these armor behind the seat used during BoB?

Were the landing gears painted with the underside color or left in natural metal?

Would be both forms a valid choice?

What about the color of the inside of the wheel well doors? These would follow the same colors of the landing gears?

Thanks a lot for your time and help.
Best regards,
Machado

1/. Probably, since the plastic seat didn't enter the production line until mid-May 1940

2/. No. the armour on the firewall was probably fitted pre-war (though an order/mod remains stubbornly missing,) the armoured glass was fitted around the time of Dunkirk, the headrest armour was fitted in February 1940, and the behind-the-seat armour was fitted, airfield by airfield, from June 1940, with priority going to those in the south of England.

3/. Oleo legs, initially, were painted silver, never left in natural metal.

4/. Door interiors were silver

• Like 1