£1 Paint jar lid opener from supermarket

BrianI

Saw this in tescos yesterday for £1:

15655328184_58af621294_z.jpg

Thought I'd take a punt as it looked like the smaller end would fit tamiya paint jars:

16277742445_6479a832a1_z.jpg

Does the trick, although for really stuck lids wrap some white / blue tack around the lid first! No more stuck tamiya lids! :evil_laugh:

• Like 3

Just put the offending jar in between the hanging edge and frame of a door against the stop, pull the door shut and turn the jar. Works every time !!.

Just put the offending jar in between the hanging edge and frame of a door against the stop, pull the door shut and turn the jar. Works every time !!.

My landlord wasn't too thrilled with all the little round indentations in his door frame... :shrug:

• Like 1

Sabotage behind enemy lines ,SWMBO territory and I've lost my escape map. Solitary isnt bad in Hut 104 (my shed) but rauchen ist verboten and power goes off at 8pm.

I'd prefer to use that Tesco thing for a quid instead having a bit part in a war film but thats just me.

Edited by bzn20

Hot water has always done it for me.......as per alan1302...........initially tried the door and left ridges and dents all round the door frame , decided to find better method when one of the tops cracked and paint ran down the door and onto the carpet :chair:

• Like 2

Seriously though, i use the door method as a final straw. I never have problem with Tamiya and other acrylics because I use an eye dropper to load the air brush. But its the bottles of Alclad etc that really stick. i have now found that wiping a minute amount of washing up liquid around the thread solves the problem..