Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly *New Photos*

Hi everyone,

First post on this site but I have been around a while. It's Tamiya's re-boxing of Tasca Models Sherman Firefly. Tamiya have put some of their figures in with it (which is still WIP for me), but apart from that it is basically the Tasca kit.

To start off, I'm fifteen years old at the moment so don't expect anything exceptional. But this model turned out some what better than the rest so I thought I'd put it on here. This tank has been a number of firsts for me, it's the first model I've airbrushed, it is the first (well Tasca kit really) Tamiya kit that I have built and it is the first 1/35 model that I've actually finished so there was a lot riding on this model in the terms that it was a completely new experience in modelling for me.

I'd like to give a special thanks to my dad who also happens to be HL-10 for helping me along the way. Picture quality probably isn't going to be too brilliant but I hope you like it!

DSCF2381_zps517da8e5.jpg

DSCF2380_zpscf104a51.jpg

DSCF2376_zps8c791393.jpg

DSCF2374_zpscb68d908.jpg

The decals may have silvered a bit in places, still mastering the use of clear!

I added equipment from some stuff in the spares box.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by The_Lancaster
  • Like 11

The Firefly that you've done seems to be quite a good standard of build. Well done young man!

The silvering of the decals looks to be as though you've actually placed them down over a matt surface.

If you were to apply a gloss underneath, then they would sit on the model a lot easier.

This current set may be redeemed using micro set/sol but you may need to replace them.

Very good for a first effort.

• Like 1

I am due to start one soon...practicing on a couple of others first a Universal carrier an a Churchill IIV asIwantto make a good job of the Firefly.

• Like 1

Great Sherman! Thanks for sharing. Light is a bit harsh in pics tho, losing a bit of detail.

Yes, when I took the photos I was having to use a cheap little digital camera I had picked up. might take some more shots at the

weekend.

Bravo. Looks excellent. What's next then?

Will

I have Tamiya's Old M4A3E2 Jumbo, in which I'm doing some detailing on at the moment but hopefully that'll be next!

Thanks for the comments everyone and for the advice given. I really appreciate it!

• Like 2

Good luck with the Jumbo.

You'll need some plastic card to make some sponson fillers as unlike the tasca kit you've just built, the old Tamiya kit does not have any.

Yep, I filled that all. It was sort of going on as a background project while the Firefly was being weathered. Thank you for the advice though!

• Like 1

Good job there! Nice subtle weathering too.

That looks a great kit. I've been trying to get one but can't seem to find one for sale anywhere at the moment.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments I really appreciate them, I've got some better photos of the Firefly! Excuse the what appears to be white spots around the suspension, but its actually a lightish tan colour that just didn't agree with my (proper) cameras flash.

100_4105_zpse166d299.jpg

100_4107_zpsd696f651.jpg

100_4106_zpsa7f07200.jpg

100_4104_zps8bda2617.jpg

Again, thanks for looking!

• Like 5