Sikorsky S-64 Sky-Crane in 1:48?

Mike

Sky Crane - yes or no?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Sky Crane in 1:48

• Yes please!
    • No thanks - not my bag, man.
    • Yes, but only If it was 1:72 (even though there was one from Revell)

Having dangled from the hook of one of these once upon a time, I was pondering this one a little over the weekend. No-one's ever kitted this in 1:48 that I know of, and I think it would look mightily impressive, with plenty of options for civil use markings as well as military. How about it? Make your thoughts known, and if there are enough people interested, I'll send a link to some manufacturers :)

Sikorsky_Skycrane_carrying_2_Hueys_c.jpg

Sikorsky-Skycrane.jpg

7699167218_20a8d9c4e6_z.jpg

This the one I dangled from at Pima :)

http://www.helmo.gr/index.php?option=com_deeppockets&task=catContShow&cat=37&id=753&Itemid=35

Like this one? Often thought you could use the 1/48 Revell CH-53 as a bases for a scratch built project. The front cabin is almost the same and you could use the rotors as well

Edited by hacker

Love one in 48th or 72nd to be honest. Built the Revell one many years ago and have always loved it since - have inherited a built one since which I am trying to renovate and improve.

Guess you grabbed a hold of the cargo sling and swung around a little?

Twice in one week :fight:

Why were you dangling from a Skycrane?

There was a hook hanging at head height, no-one important was looking, so I grabbed hold and lifted my feet - who wouldn't? :shrug:

• Like 1

I'd also be very happy with an accurate, new tool 1/72th version, as 72 is my preferred helo scale.. I'm down to just the 1 old Revell one now, having sold the other 3 I had (yeah, yeah, I know...).

Twice in one week :fight:

There was a hook hanging at head height, no-one important was looking, so I grabbed hold and lifted my feet - who wouldn't? :shrug:

You made it sound as if you were dangling hundreds of feet in the air on a dangerous rescue mission :)

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...