Can someone give him a hand ?!

Stuck

Ha, to be fair I make him right, there's not much of a description.

Saying that the seller's name is models4hobby so there may have been a clue unless he also expected to do a photoshoot for no wages in his spare time as part of the deal!!!

Seriously though this tenuously links in with a previous thread talking about Airfix as the man in the street's generic name for models. If it had been Airfix not Tamiya in the product description then I'm sure that even the least gifted in our society would have realised that it was a kit!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972768-too-many-airfix-2015-potential-release-topics/page-3

1:6 is quite a beast though and is going to take up a fair amount of shelf space; and I was worrying where I was going t show off the Airfix Valiant currently on the bench!

In that over-curious, just got to know how people really think, Dave Gorman type of way I felt the need to have a look at what our reviewer had also bought and reviewed in the past and it is consistent with being an engineer as professed (although one with glue ear!), although there is a Revel Predator in his past purchases that he similarly panned also.

Maybe I'd be looking to get my engineering done somewhere else!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2W1DIX8N0TDTW/ref=pdp_new_read_full_review_link?ie=UTF8&page=3&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R2MVT731GRPUDV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Gorman

Edited by Fatcawthorne

I get the impression sometimes that some folk on here would prefer it if a kit would come pre assembled with all the moaning they do, usually about 'the over engineering of a kit, far to many parts etc etc.

Tim.

£100+ for a kit and wanting a completed motor must be a really horrible experience when it arrives, your sat there looking at the sprue's and your head is spinning with tears rolling down your cheeks.

I kinda feel for the chap but in fairness when you see an item which tickles your fancy do you just hit the 'buy it now' button or do you shop around?

Just looked at the other posts which this unfortunate individual has commented on and this looks to be hocus pocus.... They bought a revell helicopter in september and apparently that is 'Junk' too as the pieces dont fit together properly without strong glue.

Tamiya Junk? not often those two words end up in the same review! for a professional engineer it,s a pity he did,nt "engineer" his finger to

hit the search button on google for a review,hell I do it for a £5:99 kit!

He's not well,not an adult and not an engineer. He just makes comments to (he thinks) put off buyers. It just makes him look stupid.

I don't know. The description in the tech details stated ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. Pretty simple description...easily understood. I get the impression from his way of writing, he's a foreigner to Great Britain.

• 3 weeks later...

We've had quite a few of these over the years at work. Idiots who don't read a description and then get all shouty because they didn't get the moon on a stick. One a few months ago said that our attitude was completely unacceptable when invited to return the item for a full refund...