Micro-drill pin vise, where to get these ones?

Black Knight

I'm seeking help in getting certain micro-drill pin vices.

Its the ones on the left of the photo. I bought a set of these about 6 years ago, most likely off ebay but I haven't been able to get any more. I've searched ebay and some model suppliers on-line for them but no luck yet.

As you can see, they are smaller than the usual ones, on the right. The black one to the right of the ruler is the smallest of a set I got recently. The silver one is one of the regular ones available with two double end chucks.

5ee382c48b6cf9c7d6970ba56d0dff9d.jpg

I have limited feeling and power in my fingers and actually find the smaller pin vices easier to control. The regular ones are too heavy for my fingers.

If anyone recognises the smaller ones and might know where I can get a few help is greatly appreciated.

tia

F

Try a search for "micro-chuck" in ebay I am gonna buy a couple of these fellas as I always find the weight of the pin-vise is a major factor in snapping my 0.2 and 0.3mm drill bits and they only cost a couple of bob each :thumbsup: The fact that they are not knurled implies they are meant for a lathe or other device but with the very little force needed on micro drills in styrene this doesn't pose a problem.

Edited by Beardie

Or these?

http://www.rolsontools.com/4pc-pin-vice-set.html

Got mine from that admirable emporium Trago Mills: suspect they cost even less than £3.99. However can't say I've used them much.

Thanks for suggestions chaps.

Those two sets are the same which the large black one in my photo came from.

Actually just came across ones very similar to the ones you have pictured with a UK ebay shop called PROOPS BROTHERS :thumbsup: just bought a teeny tiny 0-0.8 one

Ta. I'll search them out

I get mine from a tool stall on the local market , pin vices and drill bits all a a very reasonable price.

Andrew

Me too - very reasonable indeed

If you get them in Paul I'll spend my money with you.

I've been looking for these for months so I can wait a bit longer.

I like to have several holders loaded so I can just pick and drill, without having to keep changing the drill.

I find they can be twizzled between forefinger and thumb and the rear of the shank fits nicely at the base of the forefinger for slight pressure to be applied.

Andrew; unfortunately I don't have such sales any where near me. Nearest is about 65 miles away.