Libyan Mig-25PD - 1/72 ICM - Completed 14th Feb

Wow, you guys weren't kidding. That definitely does not look user-friendly. But it's together now (that part anyway), and it doesn't look like a pickup truck anymore, so well done! ;)

• Like 1

Unmistakeable as a MiG-25 now :D More filler required?

Looks as if it'll be in good company on the shelf with all the other Soviet heavy metal and your Lightning. The FM.170 looks good in yellow as well that a Luftwaffe bird?

... and it doesn't look like a pickup truck anymore, so well done! ;)

But, from my own (1st hand) experience, it is so that most of MiG-25 looks like a row of oversized boxes, at least like a 'garage too small to fit a pick-up truck'.

Means: you're obviously on best way with this modell. ;-)

Edited by Tom Cooper
  • Like 3

If this kit is anything like the Condor kit (and I am led to believe it is), then there is a piece of advice I can offer. I have experience of the Condor Foxbat and generally, if you do lots of test fitting, filing here and shimming there, then it goes together quite well.

However, I overlooked one area when I built mine. When you test fit and assemble the back end, do it with the jet pipes in situ (basically build the back end around the exhausts). This should give you a much better chance to get an acceptable look to this area. Trust me. ;)

• Like 2

If this kit is anything like the Condor kit (and I am led to believe it is), then there is a piece of advice I can offer. I have experience of the Condor Foxbat and generally, if you do lots of test fitting, filing here and shimming there, then it goes together quite well.

However, I overlooked one area when I built mine. When you test fit and assemble the back end, do it with the jet pipes in situ (basically build the back end around the exhausts). This should give you a much better chance to get an acceptable look to this area. Trust me. ;)

Too late! Thanks though

• Like 1

But, from my own (1st hand) experience, it is so that most of MiG-25 looks like a row of oversized boxes, at least like a 'garage too small to fit a pick-up truck'.

Looking very much forward to reading more about this in some of your books! ;)

Hi, making slow progress with this. The fuselage/wing join needs a fair bit of filler, some of this probably down to my lack of care. The air intakes are next, and they need a certain amount of 'fettling' from a dry run. The 2nd pic shows how big it is compared to my luftwaffe Fouga Magister (Heller kit).

Cheers

IMG_1390-vi.jpgIMG_1391-vi.jpg

• Like 1

This is really coming along now, despite it fighting you all the way!

Putting it next to your lovely little Fouga really shows the size of this beast.

I may well have to get one of these myself in the future even though the rest of my Migs are in 1/48 scale. With a Mig-25 in 1/48 there is the not inconsiderable problem of where to store it, and the ICM kit is a lot cheaper than the Kitty Hawk one, and a lot more accurate from what I can tell.

• Like 1

Hi all, I have managed to complete the main airframe, and also managed a coat of primer. There looks like quite a bit of touching up required, so progress is likely to slow down from here....! Anyway I am getting to like the beast, all cold war purposefulness!

Cheers

FFIMG_1392-vi.jpgIMG_1393-vi.jpgIMG_1394-vi.jpgIMG_1395-vi.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Gang, with the wife and daughter out for a few hours I have managed to slap some more paint on. Gunze light ghost grey for the main, and alclad that I have a love hate relationship with! Theres plenty of touching up to do but progress is progress! Sorry for the cluttered pics by the way.

FF

IMG_1398-vi.jpgIMG_1399-vi.jpgIMG_1397-vi.jpg

• Like 3

I like the look of this very much.

Quick question, how did you get on with the air intakes? I know that this kit and mine have some similarities, and although the outside of my intakes look fine the part that is fitted inside has a huge gap down one side.