Berna Clamps

baldrick

Bought a pair two years ago thinking they would be great, but... I haven't used them nearly as much as I thought I would. Whenever I think I need them, I end up removing them because they fold or slide off the intended application spot. I think I'm doing something wrong.

I have four small and, a recent purchase, one large clamp and I use them all the time, especially when joining fuselage halves. I think they're great at applying finger pressure, but the temptation is to press too hard and then they will pivot...

My advice is to make sure the feet are on the clamps straight and not crooked. Line up where you had your fingers on the test fit and then squeeze at the ends of the yellow clamps to a pressure that HOLDS the item - you really don't need hard pressure.

• 4 years later...

I gave up on mine... the line between “too much pressure and they twist off” and “not enough pressure and they fall off” was so fine that they just weren’t usable. A range of spring clamps with craft foam stuck to the pads work fine for me...

best,

M.

• Like 1