Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 by Tanmodel - 3D renders - in design

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Tony C said:

 

Agreed although it appears that you misspelt 1/48! :devil:

 

56942124.jpg

 

:lol:

Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tony C said:

I have plenty of honour and it's all 1:48 scale :D

 

Tony,

 

There's already a thread for Tanmodel's 1/48th Buccaneer here

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear forum members and our modeller friends;

Since our goal is to make the best Buccaneer model kit harnessed with you rich opinions, we need your help on the dimensions shown in the photos.

We appreciate your attention and support.

Please contact us at the email below:

overseas@tanmodel.com

We are looking forward to reading your emails.

Regards,

Baris TANSOY

TANMODEL™

sshot-005%201024x768.png

front%20landing%20gear.jpg

front%20landing%20gear-2.jpg

Main%20Landing%20Gear.jpg

Wing.jpg

Bomb%20bay-2.jpg

Bomb%20bay-1.jpg

Bomb%20bay-1-1.jpg

Thanks.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I'm aware of the other thread it was just an attempt at humour!

 

If I failed, I apologise and will move on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tony C said:

Yes I'm aware of the other thread it was just an attempt at humour!

 

If I failed, I apologise and will move on...

I just thought your eyesight was failing hence the need for 1/48th...:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wez said:

I just thought your eyesight was failing hence the need for 1/48th...:P

 

Was, no it has failed and it won't be long before I'll be asking for a 1:32 Buccaneer! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2017 at 5:33 PM, TANMODEL said:

Dear forum members and our modeller friends;

Since our goal is to make the best Buccaneer model kit harnessed with you rich opinions, we need your help on the dimensions shown in the photos.

 

We appreciate your attention and support.

 

Please contact us at the email below:

 

overseas@tanmodel.com

We are looking forward to reading your emails.

Regards,

Baris TANSOY

TANMODEL™

sshot-005%201024x768.png

front%20landing%20gear.jpg

front%20landing%20gear-2.jpg

Main%20Landing%20Gear.jpg

Wing.jpg

Bomb%20bay-2.jpg

Bomb%20bay-1.jpg

Bomb%20bay-1-1.jpg

Thanks.

 

 

 

 

If you still require some of these dimentions I may be able to help by the weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crickey I didn't realise it was nearly a year ago that Tan asked for those dimensions

Hope I live long enough to see this one come out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have at least two more years to go, unfortunately. Their facebook's been fairly quiet of late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've read on their Facebook, they'll be soon launching their renewed webpage in English.

They produced a Turkish UAV model kit:Bayraktar, probably sponsored by the manufacturer of the real aircraft and they are doing a Turkish self-propelled anti-aircraft vehicle: Korkut, again my guess is, they are backed by the manufacturer of the real thing. They've prepared also an already assembled/painted ones that will probably presented as a gift by the manufacturer.

It seems, they were busy with the cash cow and after they finish their commitments they'll return their attention to their announced model kits and again with my guess first with the Su-33.

All are my guesses, I'm sure they'll be soon officially informing all of us (after Korkut is released).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The speed that this company moves makes me think Airfix will be re-issueing their Buccaneer way before Tan models even brings their Buccaneers out(even though the tools are lost or BER beyond economic repair)............how long has this been since this was first mentioned?(They first asked for help from BritModeller on this forum in September 2014)................reminds me of the Classic Airframes Fairey Gannet AEW3........advertised well in advance and never appeared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rayprit said:

(...) reminds me of the Classic Airframes Fairey Gannet AEW3........advertised well in advance and never appeared

 

:crying::crying:

 

gannet20120seat1_1.jpg

 

V.P.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody wanting 12 or more Buccs. had better have deep pockets if the price (currently £31.95 at Hannants) of their T-33 is anything to go by. Even a simplified edition without all the stuff some people want could be around the £40 plus mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few years ago they announced most ambitious release plan of any aircraft kit manufacturer on this planet, said then and will say now...In my view would not place bet on seeing vast majority, if any of them.

If they are subsidized by government to produce local subjects, makes sense to prioritize, at the same time how many kits did they produce..three?How many announces and CAD's have we seen in the last four years..dozens...

Truely hope they prove me wrong but somehow from the start had a feeling that their online " enthusiasm" won't be materialised in real life products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw this video with Mr. Tansoy (the owner of Tan Model), so some translation helps for you

 

 

 

Well it proves me in many points. Bayraktar (the UAV) was a work ordered by the manufacturer Baykar.
Korkut was again ordered by Aselsan, the manufacturer of SPAAG and not as a kit but a pre-assembled/painted kit that will be presented to mostly officers etc. They are still not sure if they'll be releasing it as a model kit.

He said, they have to freeze other projects while trying to deliver those two projects (Korkut has not been delivered yet) and they'll return to their project as soon as Korkut is delivered.

He than mentions the projects by telling 1/32 Su-33 first. He tells some of the molds are even made (we knew that)

Than he speaks about 1/32 F-4E and some variants, than F-5A and F-5B and variants and 1/32 T-38. He doesn't speak about Bucaneer in this particular video. It does not mean they've dropped the idea but I wouldn't hold my breath. Again I'm sure Mr.Tansoy will soon drop some information here.

 

To make it clear: I don't know them, nor have any relation. I just want to help BM'ers with what's going on by translating

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Despy said:

Just saw this video with Mr. Tansoy (the owner of Tan Model), so some translation helps for you

 

 

 

Well it proves me in many points. Bayraktar (the UAV) was a work ordered by the manufacturer Baykar.
Korkut was again ordered by Aselsan, the manufacturer of SPAAG and not as a kit but a pre-assembled/painted kit that will be presented to mostly officers etc. They are still not sure if they'll be releasing it as a model kit.

He said, they have to freeze other projects while trying to deliver those two projects (Korkut has not been delivered yet) and they'll return to their project as soon as Korkut is delivered.

He than mentions the projects by telling 1/32 Su-33 first. He tells some of the molds are even made (we knew that)

Than he speaks about 1/32 F-4E and some variants, than F-5A and F-5B and variants and 1/32 T-38. He doesn't speak about Bucaneer in this particular video. It does not mean they've dropped the idea but I wouldn't hold my breath. Again I'm sure Mr.Tansoy will soon drop some information here.

 

To make it clear: I don't know them, nor have any relation. I just want to help BM'ers with what's going on by translating

 

Thanks for the translation, it confirms what I have thought.  You cant blame them for pressing ahead with firm commercial projects. Even more so if the revenue they get for this makes some of their kits come out to us in the modelling world.

 

Julien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spaddad said:

Anybody wanting 12 or more Buccs. had better have deep pockets if the price (currently £31.95 at Hannants) of their T-33 is anything to go by. Even a simplified edition without all the stuff some people want could be around the £40 plus mark.

The T33 is the Platz kit released by TAN with different decals, it is not a cheap kit as a Platz kit either, probably made more expensive by the decals, boxing and instructions required

 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1014357-tanmodel-2905-t-33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Graeme H said:

The T33 is the Platz kit released by TAN with different decals, it is not a cheap kit as a Platz kit either, probably made more expensive by the decals, boxing and instructions required

 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1014357-tanmodel-2905-t-33

Shuould be noted its the Platz kit with the option of the engine and dolly to carry the rear fuselage as they also did one without. The Tanmodel boxing has masks and 10 decal options in there.

 

Julien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, spaddad said:

Anybody wanting 12 or more Buccs. had better have deep pockets if the price (currently £31.95 at Hannants) of their T-33 is anything to go by. Even a simplified edition without all the stuff some people want could be around the £40 plus mark.

£40 will be fine with me if its of decent quality, though I dont need 12 !

The new S&M Canberra is £40 and thats short run with all that entails.

 

Julien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, spaddad said:

Anybody wanting 12 or more Buccs. had better have deep pockets if the price (currently £31.95 at Hannants) of their T-33 is anything to go by. Even a simplified edition without all the stuff some people want could be around the £40 plus mark.

£32 for a 1/72 T-33 is really taking the mick! I know you're only speculating about the Bucc but, £40 for a 1/72 kit of same is simply ludicrous. Personal choice of course but,I'd be moving swiftly on and doing without if it was anything over the £20 -£25 mark.

 

However, shall wait and see. At this rate it might appear in time for my retirement (in 6 years time)!,😉. I know some people would be willing to pay that sort of price though. Good luck to them. It would be irony indeed if (speculative mode on) Airfix produced a Bucc for about the same price as the Phantom. Might kill off the Tanmodel project?,😕

 

Allan   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

 

 

 I know some people would be willing to pay that sort of price though. Good luck to them.

 

Allan   

That's the problem Al, as a group we have people who not only can afford these prices but are prepared to pay them. Within this group are those who buy these overpriced kits just to show that they can, those who buy the best of everything in the hobby in the belief that this will make up for a lack of talent & enable them to make models of the quality seen in magazines &' how to build' books & those who have the ability & want to produce the most accurate & highest quality finished subject either for personal or competition purposes, this last group I feel being in the minority. A quick check of Hasegawa (admittedly probably the most extreme example of this affliction) kits on the Hannants web site produces the following outrages,

A 1/72nd Avenger for £70 (before anyone points out "yes but its got resin bits & its a special edition, I know, so what, its still bl**dy ridiculous)

A 1/72nd Orion for £80

A 1.72nd Liberator for £75

A 1/72 Tomcat for£60

A 1/48th Apache for £50

A 1/48th Ju 88 for£75

A1/48th  Hornet for £80

You get my drift, we are our own worst enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spaddad said:

That's the problem Al, as a group we have people who not only can afford these prices but are prepared to pay them. Within this group are those who buy these overpriced kits just to show that they can, those who buy the best of everything in the hobby in the belief that this will make up for a lack of talent & enable them to make models of the quality seen in magazines &' how to build' books & those who have the ability & want to produce the most accurate & highest quality finished subject either for personal or competition purposes, this last group I feel being in the minority. A quick check of Hasegawa (admittedly probably the most extreme example of this affliction) kits on the Hannants web site produces the following outrages,

A 1/72nd Avenger for £70 (before anyone points out "yes but its got resin bits & its a special edition, I know, so what, its still bl**dy ridiculous)

A 1/72nd Orion for £80

A 1.72nd Liberator for £75

A 1/72 Tomcat for£60

A 1/48th Apache for £50

A 1/48th Ju 88 for£75

A1/48th  Hornet for £80

You get my drift, we are our own worst enemies.

Compared to which their Typhoon at a "mere" £40 is a bargain indeed!!:lol:!! Difficult to argue with that as, I think you are spot on!! On the subject of the Buccaneer, I'd love a new kit of the S1 and S2.But, for the hypothetical £40 previously mentioned, I'd be expecting a fully detailed 1/48 kit with several marking options, and , at the very least the widest possible variety of whizz bangs to go with it!!:lol:. We will of course have to wait and see. No point getting worried just yet!!:D. Think I 'll hang on to my old Airfix Buccs for now!!

 

Allan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...