1/72 - Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 by Tanmodel - 3D renders - in design

Homebee

• 2 months later...

I'm looking quite forward to this.

I hope the decal options include a couple of RAF Germany machines. That would leave the option open to build it without the refueling probe as many RAFG machines had them removed unless they were ferrying them a long distance.

It is my understanding that she got dressed when she returned from the desert to the colder climate of England - decorum and all that. Not the only bird to have its battle dress altered or erased altogether upon a return to civilization.

The artwork was altered when the aircraft went on display at Cosford.

Must admit I had reservations when it was announced because of the unknown quantity of a new company and the first few projects always seem to be an exercise in working the bugs out. Having seen the rf-84f, I am a good bit more excited about this now!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad to see Tanmodel is still going strong after the recent events in Istanbul and the rest of Turkey. Very much appreciated and of course very much looking forward to your next 1/72 release!

Jay

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Air%20Brake-R-01.jpg

Dear forum members and our modeller friends;

We have good news for Gentle Scale Modellers… Our design team has prepared a special gift for 1/72 scale modellers: 1/48 Scale Buccaneer S.Mk.2B Air Brake Structure Display Stand!

In order to demonstrate the details of the air brake, we have thought that,  most of the modellers would prefer a larger scale, more detailed version of the air brake with a display stand, instead of moving the finished model.

This is a gift from TANMODEL to Gentle Scale Modellers and this is only going to be included in our 1/72 scale Buccaneer Kit (#1101).  We value and appreciate your feedback.  Did you like our new offer?

Another good news: Air brake details of our 1/48 scale kit are going to be as seen in the renders.

Further more, there are other suprizes on the way…

Note: This is not the final design.

Air%20Brake-R-02.jpg

Air%20Brake-R-04.jpg

Air%20Brake-R-05.jpg

Regards,

Baris TANSOY

TANMODEL™ Plastic Model Kits Ltd.

• Like 8

Interesting, that appears to be a working model of the 1/48th tail Air brake.

Hopefully you can replicate the detail in the 72nd version even if its not possible to do the mechanics for a working version.

Looks nice, however it depends on what is going to be available with the 1/72 kit. 

Apologies if this has already been raised, however if a basic cockpit, non folding wings, non opening airbrakes and bomb bay are going to be included with the basic kit, then the weight and space of this 1/48 display would be rather pointless. 

Lets have S.1 intake options, Eduard style instructions, canopy and wheel masks and a host of decal options. That should fill up plenty of space and save the modeller from having to dig deeper into his/her pockets for AM extras. 

Create the ultimate 1/72 kit and you will own this part of the modelling market for years. 

Cheers.... Dave

• Like 2

I'd rather they stay focussed on getting kit to market than getting distracted on a speed brake. You'd quickly get sick of explaining what that strange thing is on a stand when someone comes round to your house 😂

• Like 7