1/72 - Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 by Tanmodel - 3D renders - in design

Homebee

It was in the announced projects (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967245-tanmodel-172-148-132-projects), now it's official, Tanmodel (http://www.tanmodel.com/index_en.html) has started the design from a new tool 1/72nd Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 kit - ref.1101.

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/tanmodel/photos/a.293378480850420.1073741830.288722731315995/335326459988955/?type=1&theater

TANMODEL commenced design of 1/72 Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 Family scale model kit with product code 1101.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

I hope to god the wings don't fold.

I hope they do or at least have the option to do so as the Buccaneers were generally folded up to some degree

• Like 1

Why not? Apart from the airbrake, the folded wings are a great feature?

Oh, I appreciate that, but I feel like such complexity always comes at a cost in buildability. I've never built a Tanmodel kit, so I don't know how easily they go together. But I have built several kits with folding wings, and they've always been a huge bee to build as anything other than folded.

• Like 5

I have decals for "Guinness Girl", which I'm intending on using on my 1/72nd scale Airfix Brick. I notice that the preserved example has the "girl" a bit more modestly-attired now than the decal I have. Since I've laid out quite a bit of bob on AM bits for my Buccaneer, it appears that the old modeller's tale may be true after all. I wonder when we can expect this new kit.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

It is my understanding that she got dressed when she returned from the desert to the colder climate of England - decorum and all that. Not the only bird to have its battle dress altered or erased altogether upon a return to civilization.

• Like 2

It is my understanding that she got dressed when she returned from the desert to the colder climate of England - decorum and all that. Not the only bird to have its battle dress altered or erased altogether upon a return to civilization.

I suspected as much; don't want to shock the locals upon return to civilisation. "Mummy, mummy, why doesn't that lady have any clothes on?"

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

TAN MODEL ....WHO ARE THEY ??? I don't really care who does one , I just hope its good this is a complex shape that can easily be messed up . My preferance would be a safe pair of hands like Airfix but if someone else is going to do it make it good without needing a mortgage to buy one because I need a few .

regards Glenn.

• Like 1

The Hurkus (cute name) looks rather nice, if a bit simple (not that that's a bad thing necessarily). I notice that they have the detonation cords moulded into the canopy - hopefully they'll have those on the Buccaneer also. More Bricks is better, so I'm looking forward to this. And besides, what's money other than a way to keep from starving/freezing to death.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

I have no preference about folding wings, but I do hope they put the wings in the right position on the fuselage. All of the current kits, including the CMR resin series, have the wings mounted at the same level as the centerline of the intakes. They should be somewhat above the centerline of the intakes, which can be seen in the above photo.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Very much looking forward to this - I have a gulf war decal set (XX901 in particular) reserved for a Matchbox Buccaneer, looks like I'll be holding off to see this kit released

Cheers,

WV908

Firstly, Thanks for kind interest Homebee ;

Dear Forum Members, hello.

I have no preference about folding wings, but I do hope they put the wings in the right position on the fuselage. All of the current kits, including the CMR resin series, have the wings mounted at the same level as the centerline of the intakes. They should be somewhat above the centerline of the intakes, which can be seen in the above photo.

Cheers,

Bill

BuccaneerCenterlineSample800x600.jpg

:coolio:

Regards,

TANMODEL

• Like 8

Firstly, Thanks for kind interest Homebee

TANMODEL

As quarter scaler I confess being much much more interested in your Thunderflash project. :winkgrin:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967246-148-republic-rf-84f-thunderflash-by-tanmodel-cads-in-progress-box-art

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I like the look of the Hurkus and looking forward to being able to get one.

Cant wait for a new tool bucc at less then CMR prices!

But like Homebee the RF-84 is one kit I REALLY want.

Firstly, Thanks for kind interest Homebee ;

Dear Forum Members, hello.

<picture removed, see above>

:coolio:

Regards,

TANMODEL

Yes, that's it! :):):)

I suspect the reason that the current kits have the wing at the same level as the intake centerline is because the fuselage halves are split top and bottom, like Airfix and CMR. Matchbox/Revell split the fuselage left and right, but then had a separate assembly for the intake/wing root which is split top and bottom. I look forward to see how you solve this challenge!

Cheers,

Bill

I hope to god the wings don't fold.

:lol: I hope they do!! I also hope the nose opens up and folds,the airbrakes can be displayed open, the bomb bay can be displayed open (and loaded) and all control surfaces can be deployed!!! In fact, I hope the kit will provide the options so we can both be happy. I also hope to see a good load of British whizz bangs!! I'd rather have all this in the box & pay a bit more for the complete kit than fork out the same price again (or more?) for the privilege of adding accessories which should not be necessary in the first place.

Allan

ps - I fully understand and appreciate your comment about complexity and buildability. Personally, I like to get LOADS of bits for my money but, there ain't nothing wrong with preferring the simple approach! :lol:

Edited by Albeback52

Tanmodel, as linked to above, is a Turkish manufacturer. They currently have one kit out, a 1/72 TAI Hurkus. There are sprue shots on their site.

They initially planned to release a 1/48 F-5 but I believe they got beaten to it by others (AFV Club and Kinetic) and so they never released it though they did release the decal sheet they had drawn up. Tiger Hobbies released an F-5 last year, which is possibly from the Tanmodel tool.

They initially planned to release a 1/48 F-5 but I believe they got beaten to it by others (AFV Club and Kinetic) and so they never released it though they did release the decal sheet they had drawn up. Tiger Hobbies released an F-5 last year, which is possibly from the Tanmodel tool.

In Britmodeller forum: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234949366-tiger-hobbies-148th-f-5a/?hl=%2Btiger+%2Bhobbies

V.P.

• 9 months later...