AFV Matador in 1/35th

simmerit

Absolutely wonderful project and progress so far can,t wait to see the finished piece,hopefully the mystery of the unit can be solved,I am probably wrong but not

sure if it would be a RHA unit certainly 2nd RHA were equipped with the 25 pounder by 1942,but I usually associate RHA unit,s being in the anti-tank role in

the early desert period including those units equipped with the Bedford portee,as I say no expert just a happy amateur.

Edited by stevej60

What have you used to model the great coats and how much play time do you get before it goes off?

Really impressive stuff.

Thanks mate. Its just 2 part resin -Milliput will do the job. Once you have rolled it/mixed it, lay a bit of talcum powder down and press it down/flatten it out. Make sure you have talc on both surfaces of you'll end up with it all over your fingers!!

Cut your pattern out and off you go. I tend to leave it for 20 or so minutes before I cut it and work it, for it to start to go off. You can manipulate it for about 45 minutes or so. if you want to smooth it out, paint brush in water. Have an experiment. Once you get the hang its pretty straightforward - like icing a cake mate!!

Absolutely wonderful project and progress so far can,t wait to see the finished piece,hopefully the mystery of the unit can be solved,I am probably wrong but not

sure if it would be a RHA unit certainly 2nd RHA were equipped with the 25 pounder by 1942,but I usually associate RHA unit,s being in the anti-tank role in

the early desert period including those units equipped with the Bedford portee,as I say no expert just a happy amateur.

yep I've dug into 2 RHa and I think you are quite correct. Its Feb 43 by the way. Next week or three I'm going to put some effort in and bottom it out

• Like 2

And possibly a bit mad too ... :winkgrin:

As a box of frogs mate. Right hand full I can tell you.

Anyway. Had a crack at the bigger board I cut

FullSizeRender%20226_zpszz1qxes1.jpg

FullSizeRender%20225_zpsx2mzzjjn.jpg

FullSizeRender%20227_zpsel8xjcpq.jpg

I went to my local model shop to pick up some spruce for the duckboards, and he's gone out of business and closed. Another one bits the dust....

Excellent progress,not taking anything away from the vehicle but those figures are superb,had a couple of hours at my local museum this morning and in their

small collection of WW2 vehicles is a cut away Matador engine,some size!

Thanks mate, although a lad just spotted one of the lights is missing in the photo, so its gone now!!

Been looking at the kit in the back

FullSizeRender%20233_zpseerdbnah.jpg

I've knocked these out to go under the tarp

FullSizeRender%20234_zpsoc8pemja.jpg

and knocked the tarp out of resin rather than trying to muck on with tissue

FullSizeRender%20235_zpsnruflfra.jpg

FullSizeRender%20236_zpscw1skjgp.jpg

Bit of effort to get it in

FullSizeRender%20237_zpsabgj1ofy.jpg

but that seems to work

FullSizeRender%20238_zps3htrcmpi.jpg

FullSizeRender%20239_zpsfokt9szp.jpg

FullSizeRender%20240_zpsjryx3sr2.jpg

still got the last bloke to knock out though

• Like 3

The canvas has turned out OK, and it comes off, which means painting is a bit less of a nightmare

FullSizeRender%20242_zpsp4aooujp.jpg

I'll get that delay sprayed with halfords grey before a shifty 5k this morning before the worky thing starts..............

FullSizeRender%20243_zpsjwmj7tr3.jpg

This is all that remains to be done before I tackle weathering the Mat and gun, and getting some of the kit hanging off the sides sorted. bl@@dy mountains to do still. Its turned into a 'right one' this one.

• Like 1

The tarp is looking great Si, your getting the hang of it rather well now fella,

Look forward to seeing this one completed :-)

Thanks Dan mate. god knows when it will be finished though - there is stacks to do and its all the fiddly bits like the kit hung over the sides which will take the time. The big stuff is pretty straight forward - its just big stuff, so can be knocked out at a reasonable pace

Well, those balancing springs that cause me so much grief are finally glued in place. Thank god for that

FullSizeRender%20250_zpsd1i07h6m.jpg

just having a look at the sights and rage board now

FullSizeRender%20248_zpsps8z9jzr.jpg

FullSizeRender%20247_zps1swu0wk8.jpg

FullSizeRender%20249_zpssknnjpes.jpg

I'd have done that green - good job I checked

Time for the airbrush anyway

• Like 1

erm

FullSizeRender%20253_zpscn2aybli.jpg

not entirely sure why I have painted this as the Range Board and Sight are being covered over....................... as is the breech. Its the dust you see. durgh.

anyway.

FullSizeRender%20252_zpskdxwceht.jpg

at least its canvas colour now. will do a bit more on it tomoz

FullSizeRender%20251_zpsynbfygtg.jpg

• Like 5