DeAgostini 1/8 Lamborghini Countach

roymattblack

Although it looks very good in snaps Roy, I'd be cautious.

You perfectly described your Bond Aston as nearly a big diecast. You had areas of disappointment. That you made a museum piece out of it is only due to your skills at overcoming limitations.

Did you search the usual hangouts for a build WIP? Until finding one I'd hold onto the cash.....

• Like 2

£1200,!! ? , my real car isnt even worth that

Edited by Stuck

They just hope you do sign up for it, pay £49 for a few months and get fed up with waiting for bits to arrive. These things really wind me up, why cant they just sell them as a one off ?

£1200,!! ? , my real car isnt even worth that

Surely they hope you stick with it and buy another once your finished? Wouldn't make much business sense to produce as many different models as they do if they hope no one completes it... maybe if they only offered one model bit still.

Why does it wind you up?

Edited by eslu2011

Haveing looked again at their site must admit I got a bit confused with those they sell in magazine form, starting off in good faith but after a few issues finding out that you will have to pay a fortune to finish the thing.

Edited by Stuck

Roy -- I know you mentioned with your Pocher Aventador that pacing yourself was a good idea so as not to binge £100s of kit away in a couple of months. But equally, I know you've started at least some of your big boys from partworks with all the parts to hand. Does the way they produce these things allow you to assemble slowly over a couple of years, or do you suddenly discover you have to wait until you've got Month #7 and Month #13 before you can use that parts that you got in Month #1?

bestest,

M.

Walk away from it Roy. That big Pocher Lambo you built not long ago didn't impress you at times.This can only be worse and I think more expensive. Even with your skill!

Edited by bzn20

Sorry to hi jack your thread Roy, but just had a look on their site and the D51 looks very impressive anyone here succumbed

Ive got the D51, half way through the parts, am waiting till i have all to start it, its superb, odd little tweeks for me here and there but only because thats what i want to do, its not necessary, its superb quality, customer service is good too, and for. 1/24 fully brass and cast loco, its the same quality and prob has more parts than an equivalent 1/48 (ish) brass loco kit and 100 quid cheaper.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roy -- I know you mentioned with your Pocher Aventador that pacing yourself was a good idea so as not to binge £100s of kit away in a couple of months. But equally, I know you've started at least some of your big boys from partworks with all the parts to hand. Does the way they produce these things allow you to assemble slowly over a couple of years, or do you suddenly discover you have to wait until you've got Month #7 and Month #13 before you can use that parts that you got in Month #1?

bestest,

M.

Sorry for the late reply...

With part works you can start building right from part 1 - if you want to.

I 'saved up' all my McLaren parts until I had everything, and even then didn't start the build until a year or so later.

The DB5, I managed to get 'for peanuts' off EBay as a complete collection. Again, I had it around a year before starting.

RE: This new part work, I'm going to give it a miss now that there's a new Pocher on the horizon...

Roy.

£1200???? Not on your nelly. I could buy a real GT6 project for less than that and probably finish it more quickly!

bestest,

M.

My thoughts too- especially as I'm trying to save for a GT6 MkII at the moment! Glad it's not an LP400, would really be tempted by that...

Edit: The front track looks way too small doesn't it? The wheels are lost in there

Edited by Rizzo