Revell 1/32 Tornado GR4

Hi Andy,

Yes, I understand the fold roughly, what I dont understand is to make the kink I will have to cut the piece I think, as you have done I have also contacted David at Flightpath. Do you have a close up of that part on yours? It may mean I can work out how it's done.

Only issue apart from the PE at present is trying to source the decals.

Thanks Steve, my intention is to throw the kitchen sink at this model! Same with the F3...

Edited by pittnuma

Damn this bloody CA glue ARRRRRGHGGGGHHHHHH, I hate the :tapedshut: stuff may it rot in hell. :badmood::fuyou_2:

Due to the size of the piece I initially decided to CA the piece on because it's small, my hands are not that steady and I am not that good at it, the following day the piece fell off, , I then spent half hour cleaning the parts off, re scraping and keying up the area, small amount of CA on the part and still managed to glue my finger to the underside right after the part fell off again.

After CAing the curtains shut when throwing the stuff at the window I have now after great trouble soldered it. I need to clean it up as the solder leaked out more than I would like.

At present I am now adding the wheels to a 1/35th tank whilst I calm down!

Paul has got back to me, it would seem the 617sqdn decals are copyrighted, the MOD own the artwork and a license has been purchased by Airfix and Xtradecal and therefore he cannot produce them. I have emailed Hannants, however I am not confident.

Therefore it looks like I will be doing this scheme.

12421229173_c043051547_z.jpg

I also have the Decals for Shiny Two, however I am not sure my airbrushing skills would be able to match the fade in on the tail, I might have a go on some test pieces though. I do intend to do more than 1 GR4 at some stage so will probably do both.

11875726233_30d9ed86bc.jpg

These are the decals

http://forum.tornadosig.com/topic/838881/1/

Edited by pittnuma

I do use holding tools, however those pieces were too small, yip using solder flux.

Tried the paste, I have never been able to get a long with it that well to be honest.

That tail demarcation would be dead easy to airbrush, with a roll of Blu-Tack as a soft mask.

I think that would still be too "stronga" line wouldn't it?

10764943894_95d9ca4e16_b.jpg

Edited by pittnuma

Cool idea

I'm going to do Shiny Two I think with abit of practice I should get it.