A year of Hunters

Col.

Only four completed models for 2014 and all were based on the Revell 72nd scale Hawker Hunter F.6 kit.

First off was the Swedish F.51,

20140531_094304.jpg

20140531_094504.jpg

Then came the F.2 prototype with dummy Firestreaks,

20140920_123441.jpg

20140920_123732.jpg

A PR.11 that featured in my father's log books was a labour of love,

1414926248960.jpg

20141102_110940.jpg

Final one for the year was a 263 squadron F.5 that occurred more by accident than design due to not consulting references often enough,

20141217_144048.jpg

20141217_143642.jpg

Plenty unfinished stuff also litters the workbench so hopefully there will be a larger and more varied selection around this time next year.

• Like 6

I do love the shape of the Hunter and you have done a lovely job on the ones you have built.

top job

Thank you. Got plenty more in the stash and plans to do a Peruvian F.52 via the Lesser Built Air Forces GB soon once the bench is clear.

Hopefully I'll get a group shot in daylight tomorrow as some of the pictures I've posted are not that great.

Love that Swedish job. Just battered to the right amount I think. Tons in stash? - look at a Rhodesian one for 2015 - hint hint.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike. Glad you like it.

As for the Rhodi Hunter - ooh yes! Been reading plenty about them lately and found myself in possession of a part-built 32nd scale FGA.9 on Tuesday that you've suddenly given me an idea for.

Four superb Hunter,s Col,never built a Hunter since Airfix,s many years ago but picked up Revell,s 1/32 kit before Christmas so on the "to do" list

for next year.I particularly like that Royal Navy scheme,

• Like 1

Four superb Hunter,s Col,never built a Hunter since Airfix,s many years ago but picked up Revell,s 1/32 kit before Christmas so on the "to do" list

for next year.I particularly like that Royal Navy scheme,

It's a cracking kit Steve and Flightpath make a conversion set to cover most of the changes required to do a GA or PR.11. Look forward to seeing your one take shape.

All nice builds Col and the Swedish one is definitely pick of the crop :)

Cliff

Cheers Cliff. Made a proper start to a Peruvian F.52 for some GB here so hopefully another one in the line-up before too long :lol:

Very nice Hunters Col. You nearly managed to squeeze a Lightning out too didn't you? Looking forward to seeing some 1/48 Airfix Buccaneers this year.

Duncan B

Cheers Duncan. Ahem, aye, there happens to be a Lightning lurking on the workbench that needs spraying along with a Gnat in a similar situation and a harrier AV8-S half way through the decalling stage. Hopefully the 2015 yearbook will have more variety about it.

• Like 1

Thanks lads.

Great hunters Col. Still never built one, but don't know why, love them!

If you can add any of the Revell kits to the stash I'd certainly recommend them Neil. Be great to see what you can do with it.

A good quality collection. I do like the one you did because it was in your father's log book. Very nice. So come join us in the Less Built Group Build with the Rhodesian Hunter!

• Like 1

A good quality collection. I do like the one you did because it was in your father's log book. Very nice. So come join us in the Less Built Group Build with the Rhodesian Hunter!

Do want to add a Rhodi Hunter to the line-up soon but someone has beaten me to that nation so doing a Peruvian machine for the LBAF GB ;)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972953-peruvian-hawker-hunter-f52/

• Like 2