The 1/48 Catalina WIP thread - Two for the price of one!

Mark

OK, OK... I slacked :winkgrin:

This gets a bit of attention from time to time, I'm currently working on the rear blister area and the guns, which are Aires resin / etched after market ones. They are damned fiddly!

Nah, just pullin' your leg Mark. I can't exactly say anything, as my desk has failed projects on it, but little and often is quite a good way of approaching a mammoth task like this. A pic here and there would be appreciated though, just so we know you're not making it all up ;)

• 1 month later...

New Year's Resolution 2106.

I will only sit at my modelling bench and work on kits already started. No new subjects. The shelf of doom will decrease in size.

Guess what? That means I have to get back to this one!! :yahoo:

• Like 3

New Year's Resolution 2106.

I will only sit at my modelling bench and work on kits already started. No new subjects. The shelf of doom will decrease in size.

Guess what? That means I have to get back to this one!! :yahoo:

Ok Mark. I'm looking forward to any new posts that you may offer. Right now I'm still working on those nasty home projects for my REAL BOSS !! I hope to get back to building sometime soon. Bob H.

Hi Bob! Guess what? My REAL BOSS has allowed me the day free for a spot of me time!! :yahoo:

So, don't to the modelling man-cave I go...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/01/2015 at 4:48 PM, Mark said:

You know, I'm really glad the Cat(s) won in the end! I was looking forward to doing the P-61, which is still there and will still get built.

But the research into, and building of, the Catalina's has been a really great start to 2015! :)

Jeez, that was three years ago... I better start on this again soon otherwise there'll be more cobweb than plastic!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 9:30 PM, Mark said:

Jeez, that was three years ago... I better start on this again soon otherwise there'll be more cobweb than plastic!

How is this progressing ??... Only asking as I'm building one but definitely not as good as yours 🤢😉

Mines is oob revell kit but going to try overall white. 

Stunning build which provides plenty of inspiration 👏👏... Thank you 

How is this progressing ??... Only asking as I'm building one but definitely not as good as yours 

Mines is oob revell kit but going to try overall white. 

Stunning build which provides plenty of inspiration ... Thank you 

Well, thanks for reviving this thread! It is still a WIP, but it has not been banished to the cupboard yet. When a build goes in the cupboard it rarely sees the light of day again! At least this is still on the bench!! :)

Excellent build, with awesome detail! Just lovely! 

Thank you for your kind words!!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, ajmm said:

Just stumbled across this. What a fantastic build! If this languishes it languishes in style. I hope you get to pick it up again soon. 

We ALL hope he gets to pick it up again soon...

ALL

SOON

WE ALL

(dim)

Thanks guys! A massive change in domestic circumstances and a house move have all affected progress, but I will get there! I promise!!

• Thanks 1