Sweet 1/144 P-51B/C Mustangs "Prisioner of War" x 4

Finished off these 4 little ones finally. I am a bit annoyed that I didn't get them finished for the Mustang GB (clicky-linky-herey), but least they are done now. Hope you all like them.

16041823578_cd4b9b7b5a_b.jpg

16228524442_d694b06b24_b.jpg

16203431036_57c1af43c6_b.jpg

16043221029_3d64832932_b.jpg

15609476753_ec4ed9a08c_b.jpg

16041956280_1e83242bb4_b.jpg

16043219989_540a559994_b.jpg

16043481867_9f6e248cbb_b.jpg

16227458721_2d4859d73a_b.jpg

I apologise for the bad camera quality, the pictures where taken on my mobile phone at 11pm.

Comments always welcome, constructive comments even more so ;)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 9

Great models, Dazz! I bought this set and the Sweet Pioneer Mustang set from HLJ before Christmas, so I know how small they are!

You've inspired me to have a go at mine!!

Thank you Alpha Delta. They are tiny aren't they? When you come around to building them, you'll need to file down the seats and maybe sit them slightly leaning back otherwise you'll have trouble getting the canopy on. Go on, ask how I know that?! :P You could take Speedmans idea of filing down the inside of the canopies, but I am not that brave, if you need spare Malcom Hoods let me know. Which versions are you going for?

Unusual theme - I like the Swedish markings .If you have the Sweet ME109 there were several pressed in to Swiss service including a shark mouth marked one.

I do have a Sweet Me109 set, but my one is for Operation Barbarossa. I would like to find the captured marking set. That'll be interesting. :)

Thanks for the kinds words,

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Thank you Alpha Delta. They are tiny aren't they? When you come around to building them, you'll need to file down the seats and maybe sit them slightly leaning back otherwise you'll have trouble getting the canopy on. Go on, ask how I know that?! :P You could take Speedmans idea of filing down the inside of the canopies, but I am not that brave, if you need spare Malcom Hoods let me know. Which versions are you going for?

Thanks for the kinds words,

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hi Dazz

Thanks for the tip regarding the canopy fit. I think my first attempt will be "Ding Hao!" from the Pioneer Mustang set because I built this recently in 1/72 using home made decals.

Thanks for the offer of the Malcolm hoods. I do prefer that style, so I might take you up on your very kind offer (paying the postage of course.)

What method did you use for the canopy framing? ( I hate masking with a passion, so usually cheat by using painted decal film! )

• Like 1

Dazz,

Super work mate, love the different colour schemes, the Luftwaffe markings really suit the plane, nice job

Thank you Mark, I love the different schemes also. The Swedish one has another scheme to add to this (olive drab over light grey) but I will have to get another kit for that one. My fav is the Swiss one, it has the D-Day landing markings underneath the wings. Kinda wished I had done this scheme for the D-Day GB. Oh well...

Hi Dazz

Thanks for the tip regarding the canopy fit. I think my first attempt will be "Ding Hao!" from the Pioneer Mustang set because I built this recently in 1/72 using home made decals.

Thanks for the offer of the Malcolm hoods. I do prefer that style, so I might take you up on your very kind offer (paying the postage of course.)

What method did you use for the canopy framing? ( I hate masking with a passion, so usually cheat by using painted decal film! )

You are welcome Alpha Delta, I just hope you can get a better fit than I could. I would like to make Ding Hao! one day, but I missed it in the HLJ sale. I look forward to seeing your model :) I prefer the Malcom hoods too, I got 4 spares so just give me a shout. As for the canopy framing... first I tried parafilm, that didn't want to know! So I then tried manually masking it. What a horrible chore that turned out to be. Then I tried Humbrol Maskol and got the results up above. I hate the canopy paint on these models. I might take it off and try again some time. The Swiss one is hand painted using a 5/0 brush, seems to be the best one out of the lot. I have got some bare metal foil, am going to try that next.

Very Nice bunch !

Thank you muchly pascal JMW. :)

Excellent, I have no idea how people work at this size but I going to have a go someday, well done.

Thank you steve scanlon, working at 1/144 isn't that much different from 1/72. Smaller parts, but you can get away with more errors in your kit and forgetting some details. Paint is the hardest one tho, and weathering it is a bugger. Some do it really well (like Speedman on here) and some not so and some lazy buggers (like me) dont do it at all. :P

Superb work!

Great choice of schemes too

Thank you F-32, Got a fav scheme? :)

Thank you all for your kind words.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hi Dazz

I have built my first Sweet Mustang without incident! I sanded the base of the seat, so hopefully, the Malcolm hood will fit.

There's a great selection on the tiny decal sheet, and I have decided to build "Ding Hao!" and "Killer", both Olive Drab over Neutral Gray machines from the 354th Fighter Group.

• Like 1