1/48 - North American F/P-51D/K Mustang by Eduard - released - TF-51D conv. set by Halberd models in 2024

Homebee

A few thoughts:

EU subsidy to Eduard postage ??? Nothing like that exists in Europe. The increase in postage has already been explained. In my experience Eduard has never offered the cheapest postage and other Czech manufacturers usually have cheaper options. Buying from Eduard can save money or not depending on how many items are bought and where they have to be delivered, fortunately the brand is now available pretty much everywhere. Personally I still buy from Eduard but generally I try to buy enough items to justify the postage. Always had a very good service from them.

Overtrees: I have bought several and will likely buy them again. Today however I'm a bit colder regarding them, at least for the 1/72 kits. I can live without PE but when it comes to stencils I realised that in the end paying a bit more for the Weekend Edition kits makes sense even without using the kit markings. The price difference in 1/48 may make more sense though.

Rivets: this sure is a matter of personal taste and personally I have no strong feeling either way, in any case if a kit must have rivets then the Eduard treatment is one of the best. The way they have moulded rivets in their latest kits results in them being visible only from very close distance once the model is painted. They also represent fasteners differently to show that they are not rivets. I've seen even better representations of surface details in some other kits but overall iI can't complain with Eduard's surface detail

• Like 3

I don't have complaints about Eduard kits, they have nice detail, PE, mask and very good decals, all in one package. And I like their rivets, very subtle. Usually the Profipack cost me about 20-25 euro from LHS (I preordered the Mustang for 25). If you buy separate masks, decals, PE etc. will cost more, not counting the model itself ;)

And their customer service is excellent!

Edited by Venelin

On 8/9/2019 at 8:04 AM, Cammer625 said:

Different pricing for different countries - in the land down under, buying that kit from Eduard shop, that kit is about 1014 czk - the overtrees are 423 czk.  Sadly no free shipping option either.  It’s normally cheaper for me to buy the weekend Editions from other sources than overtrees from Eduard - sometimes even the profipacks are only a couple of dollars difference.  Thankfully other Czech manufacturers seem to have a single price for the world and only factor in the VAT.  Also good to understand about the postage rates and why they changed.

I’ll just have to wait until they show up on my favourite eBay shop.

If you log into the Eduard shop and it knows you're from Australia you'll be presented the price in USD. Which is always significantly  more that what the conversion from csk to USD would be if you log  in from the Czech republic. I call it the Eduard tax.

So for Australians the dearest place to buy Eduard kits from is Eduard itself, even more so that they ditched free shipping for orders over $250 USD. Even the BFC discount doesn't make them competitive . 

They are nearly always cheaper from Australian online shops (e.g BNA) and even my local hobby shop.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Calum said:

If you log into the Eduard shop and it knows you're from Australia you'll be presented the price in USD. Which is always significantly  more that what the conversion from csk to USD would be if you log  in from the Czech republic. I call it the Eduard tax.

This would not be legal within the EU/EES though.

edit: by the way, Eduard is having a 20% sale on the entire stock, ending tomorrow (13th).

Edited by Torbjorn

On 15/08/2019 at 15:37, Wuger91 said:

October release P-51 D5

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2819004561447806

- ref. 82101 - North American P-51D-5 Early (No Fin Fillet) - Profipack

eduard82101previewbg-1.jpg

Brett Green of Hyperscale has just posted VERY PRELIMINARY preview of Eduard 1/48 scale P-51D-5 - without the dorsal fin fillet variant (early D-5) in the ProfiPACK edition (October release). This variant was NEVER released by any other manufacturer.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2019/reviews/kits/eduard82101reviewbg_1.htm

eduard82101previewbg-6.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning

Now that the D model is available in good LHS all over the world I would like to ask : are we sure that Eduard is going to produce the B/C Model one day ?

I really hope so because it means that they will downscale it to 1/72 in the future and I think that we really need a new B/C model in 1/72 to replace the Academy ,AZ Model etc ..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

6 hours ago, DarrenH said:

How many people got Mustangs with the bent spar on the lower wing.

I have 4 all bent to various degrees.

Hoping they fix the wing tooling to fix it on an otherwise beautiful kit.

Email them pointing out the problem and you'll get replacements. It's something they're aware of.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2909760322372229

The differences among 3 basic versions of early D series Mustangs - production blocks D-5-NA, D-5-NT, both without the dorsal fin fillet assembly (October’s ProfiPACK kit), the variant with dorsal fin fillet (August’s Limited Edition Chattanooga Choo Choo) and the D-10-NA production block which will be released as Royal Class kit in December.

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/p-51d-5-1-48.html

72391549-2909759209039007-67162956536112

72129597-2909759282372333-59683077630701

V.P.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2926647257350202

We released stencils and national insignia decal sheets designed for our new Mustang kits, in October. They can be used for both, the Chattanooga Choo Choo (Limited edition, cat. no. 11134) as well as for October’s ProfiPACK (cat. no. 82101).

- P-51D national insignia, cat. no. D48033, https://www.eduard.com/eduard/decals/aircraft/1-48/p-51d-national-insignia-1-48.html
- P-51D stencils, cat. no. D48034.https://www.eduard.com/eduard/decals/aircraft/1-48/p-51d-stencils-1-48.html

72204057-2926646540683607-70353630831994

72787922-2926646570683604-40398483087918

V.P.

Doubtfull. Most D-5's from what I can gather went to Europe and the MTO. Europe had higher priority than the pacific which was well covered by the P-38, hence the P-51 was a late arrival in the PTO/CBI  

On 8/11/2019 at 10:40 PM, Calum said:

So for Australians the dearest place to buy Eduard kits from is Eduard itself, even more so that they ditched free shipping for orders over $250 USD. Even the BFC discount doesn't make them competitive . 

They are nearly always cheaper from Australian online shops (e.g BNA) and even my local hobby shop.

Imagine if you had a hobby store selling Eduard kits and were constantly getting undercut on price by Eduard themselves. I think this is just Eduard trying to support their retailers. Airfix has a similar "no discounts" policy for their on-line shop, although they don't adjust the retail price based on the country you are located in. This makes it possible to by from Airfix in the UK direct and pay less that UK-based buyers because Airfix removes the VAT and, if you buy enough, they give free shipping as well.

• 5 weeks later...

F-6D variant was originally going to be included in Royal Class boxing, but is now going to be its own special boxing sometime in 2020.  2020 will also see in 2nd half, a special RAF and Commonwealth Air Forces P-51D/K boxing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ColFord said:

2020 will also see in 2nd half, a special RAF and Commonwealth Air Forces P-51D/K boxing.

Excellent news.. That's the one I'll be waiting for! 

Cheers.. Dave.