1/48 - North American F/P-51D/K Mustang by Eduard - released - TF-51D conv. set by Halberd models in 2024

Homebee

21 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Y’all are thinking Lil Margaret too right? 🙂

TT

Actually I was thinking of Shady Lady. Kits World do a decal for her which also has an F-6C on for when Eduard get around to it.

YfXNvnf.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Editorial in the June edition of Info Eduard has included the news that amongst the August 2020 releases from Eduard will be "VLR: Tales of Iwo Jima", so lovers of late-War P-51D Mustangs in the Pacific have something to look forward to.

In July, Eduard are also releasing their 1/48th P-51D resin engine set, including cowlings.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's very tempting to pick up the VLR boxing. I had planned to do the Tamiya kit as a VLR but everything needed is here including 110 gallon teardrop tank with sway braces. I should really wait for the 1/72nd version but I don't think I can resist 🤪

This one is going to run and run..........I imagine they will end up with 10-15 different boxings by the time Eduard have finished with the P-51 family. As for the VLR edition, my choice will be between 'Fighting Lady' and Mary Alyce. 

GREAT !

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

This one is going to run and run..........I imagine they will end up with 10-15 different boxings by the time Eduard have finished with the P-51 family. As for the VLR edition, my choice will be between 'Fighting Lady' and Mary Alyce. 

GREAT !

But still waiting for an eduard 1/72 P-51B, C or D...

Cheers / André 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, Tiger331 said:

GREAT !

My bet is that 20 years from now they will still be re-releasing different schemes, combinations, rare versions, etc. My thinking is this well will never run dry for them.  And that is not even considering the earlier versions of the Mustang (and Apache).  And this is all good for us modelers.  

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 2:44 AM, Harold55 said:

My bet is that 20 years from now they will still be re-releasing different schemes, combinations, rare versions, etc. My thinking is this well will never run dry for them.  And that is not even considering the earlier versions of the Mustang (and Apache).  And this is all good for us modelers.  

Didn’t someone mention that Tamiya were running a tape over an Allison engined P-51 somewhere?

Trevor

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 1:02 PM, Boman said:

Surprised 44-73623 isn't shown as when flown by Harry Crim? Must be after he left the unit....?

Judging from the photos known to me, it was the opposite: first Gruici, afterwards Crim. In Crim's period of use, the girl disappeared from the fuselage side, and later the same happened to 'My Achin!' inscription and possibly also the donkey (see the photo in "P-51 Mustang Nose Art Gallery", p.72).

BTW, an overview of dedicated accessories for Eduard's Mustangs: https://www.kfs-miniatures.com/1-48-p-51d-mustang-eduard-waloryzacje/

Since Crim scored his last kill on July 6th it has to be the other way around. The pic in this thread is taken just after, and you can see the faint "aichin bottom" nose art 

https://books.google.no/books?id=ULzvCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT148&lpg=PT148&dq=P-51D+harry+crim&source=bl&ots=a8d6A3d8Px&sig=ACfU3U3rFtwZWf3wBqaJi_dxHIDrS864BQ&hl=no&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwir5Kbt9sDqAhVQyKYKHW60D6IQ6AEwC3oECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=P-51D harry crim&f=false

Funny, I've not allowed to write Achin A** hence this becomes achin bottom 🤪😂

Edited by Boman

So there's something weird going here, because the pic in "P-51 Mustang Nose Art Gallery", p.72, shows 5 flags and an empty rectanle, but there's no sign of 'My Achin!'

Nevertheless, Eduard's marking option represents the aircraft as flown by Gruici, as on this photo:
https://iwojimamodelscom.files.wordpress.com/2020/04/img_0113-e1585845488108.jpg?w=1024

On 7/5/2020 at 3:19 AM, Max Headroom said:

Didn’t someone mention that Tamiya were running a tape over an Allison engined P-51 somewhere?

Trevor

Yep, thread here on Britmodeller Rumourmonger back in May 2019.  Was a piece in a Japanese domestic market Tamiya Newsletter, photos of a P-51A in a US collection that they were running the tape measures over as well as taking lots of photos.  Same collection held a P-38, and initial rumours on that possibility were derided, and we all know where that led.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...