1/48 - North American F/P-51D/K Mustang by Eduard - released - TF-51D conv. set by Halberd models in 2024

Homebee

This Dual Combo is a must have for me... So many great options!

One not on the schemes presented: Eduard calls for the standard RAF Ocean Grey to be used for the 112 Sqn machine.  But I remember a discussion somewhere that the grey used on those Italy based birds was supposed to be significantly darker grey? Can anyone confirm or deny?

After this box I also look forward to the 'special 8th AF' one... O dear I better start building again!

G

On 8/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, Torbjorn said:

This would not be legal within the EU/EES though.

edit: by the way, Eduard is having a 20% sale on the entire stock, ending tomorrow (13th).

Legal or not the Eduard Tax happens

Today I got to the Eduard Site At first the P-51 Royal edition is shown as being 1352 ish Czech Korna , which equals $58 USD according UE.com. 

Log into my Eduard account and it's $82.50 USD.. and thats with the 20% BFC discount.. normal RRP is $110 USD....

Can you explain that?

Edited by Calum

Calum, have you counted shipping cost into you numbers?

The cost of the Royal Class is given to be CZK1400, CZK1120 with 20% discount but freight is additional CZK 513 (to Norway). (Also Eduard has a disclaimer that all prices are based on CZK, subject to changing FX rates for other currencies)   

On a different note: Differences between the K-14 gunsights in Tamiya's kit vs. Eduard's: 

I was puzzled about the differences between the K-14 gunsight in the Royal Class boxing vs. Tamiya's original P-51D. Googling a bit today trying to find the answer, I stumbled upon this one which explains quite well the similarity and difference; http://blog.nicnilov.com/2015/08/p-51d-mustang-pacific-vlr-version-148-build-log-part-two/

Turns out that Tamiya's kit displays the K-14A while the Eduard kit display the K-14B sight. 

The "original" N9 gunsight can at first glance be mistaken for a K-14B sight, however you have the "half moon" dial in front which gives away the K-14B gunsight. 

Hope this is usefull for others who will be using the spare parts to beaf up their ICM or Tamiya kits 

Edited by Boman

2 hours ago, Calum said:

Today I got to the Eduard Site At first the P-51 Royal edition is shown as being 1352 ish Czech Korna , which equals $58 USD according UE.com. 

Log into my Eduard account and it's $82.50 USD.. and thats with the 20% BFC discount.. normal RRP is $110 USD....

Can you explain that?

Before you log in you see prices excluding VAT?

I tried and get correct amount (eduard uses correct daily exhange rate).

—-

I get shipping to Norway 613 CZK by the way.  For a 95 CZK product 😫

Edited by Torbjorn

8 hours ago, Calum said:

Can you explain that?

Have tried to replicate it as well, but no, no change after login. 

The shop also always displays CZK and EUR alongside and shows you the applied exchange rate. 

I get €50,- with bfc conditions before shipping. 

8 minutes ago, guillaume320 said:

For me on the Eduard website it says 53€ (give or take), but once I proceed to checkout it ends up at more than 70€ due to shipping and handling (to Belgium)...  I ended up ordering one for cheaper on ebay.  Your mileage may vary...

It was price before shipping charges. I bought several more kits taking advantage from 25% discount.

Shipping in my case  was circa the price of 2x 1/48 Spitfire Overtrees kits (CZK 439).

Just checked the price - not logged into Eduard - no bunny club - in Australia - $88 usd reduced from $110 (20% off). That’s the price without shipping. Hence Calum’s original comments -  it’s very expensive to get kits off Eduard if you life in the bottom of the earth.  FWIW $130 Aussie pesos.  Yep the ‘Eduard’ tax is real.  But it appears you can only see it outside Europe (and maybe US, Great Britain, the EU, etc).  It is cheaper for me to buy weekend editions (and sometimes profipacks) from various sources than overtrees from Eduard direct.  This ‘tax’ doesn’t happen with other Czech companies- certainly Special Hobby prices convert pretty realistically. 

21 hours ago, Seboo said:

It was price before shipping charges. I bought several more kits taking advantage from 25% discount.

Shipping in my case  was circa the price of 2x 1/48 Spitfire Overtrees kits (CZK 439).

I have bought a lot of kits directly from the Eduard store since I joined the Bunny Club, the problem here is that the price of the kit is shown with the exchange rate then the BFC discount makes it appear a bargain, unfortunately then there is 21% VAT to add plus the shipping charge, which also has 21% VAT added.  Not too bad if you have a large order but for an individual kit it can be an expensive bargain.  Btw in the top right corner of the Eduard site page there are small flags, click on the UK flag and it translates the site to english and Uk pounds. 🙂

I don’t mind paying higher shipping charges for some sort of priority service but the last items I bought from the Eduard store took 10 days to France, I’ve had stuff from the Far East quicker than that for the same ( or less ) price.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...