1/48 - North American F/P-51D/K Mustang by Eduard - released - TF-51D conv. set by Halberd models in 2024

Homebee

In the Czech Modelforum it's mentioned that after the 1/48th MiG-21, Spitfire and Bf.109 families, Eduard has as long term project the North American P-51 Mustang in the same scale. Wait and see.

Source: http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&start=5865

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Actually Mustang was confirmed to us at Novemberfest. Also the Eduard Boss himself wrote this as an answer to question about Mustang in other Czech forum yesterday:

When we talk about starting a Mustang project in January (2015), we mean the beginning of the design phase. I would like to have it finished sometime in spring next year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome news. These days I'm trying to avoid 1:48 as much as possible for cost and space reasons, but considering that the P-51 is tied with the Spitfire as my favorite aircraft of all time, I'll probably buy at least one of each version Eduard kits...once they scale it down to 1:72, though, my wallet will be in deep trouble.

As a side note...I really hope they do a 1:4 scale P-51 instrument panel as a Royal Class bonus (and subsequent standalone issue) the way they did for the Bf.110 and Bf.109. I had hoped there would be one for the Spitfire and cling to some faint hope they might do one to go with the forthcoming 1:72 scale versions.

Edited by Sabre_days

would like a mkiii looked at the Tamiya kit in hobbycraft yest, looked at the price and walked away and ordered a Fw 190d9 weekend and a defiant for the same price. so an eduard profi will be the same price or there abouts but looking at their new weekend series I would buy one of them and forget about the other bits. Just get the floor right!!!!

Talk about pointless. Do we really need another Mustang in 1/48th? There's already plenty in 1/48th and they won't have the detail of the larger scales like the 1/32 Tamiya kit anyway.

Hehe!

As mentioned above, the Tamiya kit is very good, still, but they don't do the A-36 Apache/P-51A of which I find the most attractive... :shutup:. If you're going to do a 'Family' series, it would be almost criminal to leave these Allison birds out...

What we really need is the whole high back Mustang family in 72nd scale not for "blind men" .

Cheers

Dominik...waiting impatiently for Eduard's Spitfires.

Dominik,

Academy have some very nice looking 1/72 P-51A, P-51B and P-51C kits, with various options and weapons. I can't say anything with regards to 'accuracy' though, they just look very nice and detailed, much more so than their P-51D and F-51D kits.

Talk about pointless. Do we really need another Mustang in 1/48th? There's already plenty in 1/48th and they won't have the detail of the larger scales like the 1/32 Tamiya kit anyway.

There were plenty of Spitfires, but that didn't stop them either. Personally, I'm glad it didn't. As for detail, well no, of course you can get more into 1/32 (unless you're Revell), but then a 1/32 Tamiya Mustang will cost five times the price of a 1/48 kit from Eduard. And it won't fit on my shelf.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Maybe not, but a Tamyia kit makes no money for Eduard.

Maybe not, but a Tamyia kit makes no money for Eduard.

And when the Eduard's P-51 arrives,Tamiya's Mustang isn't going to make much money for Tamiya ;) But I think they've done pretty well from it over the years.

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Homebee said:

North American P-51D Mustang kit in design progress - release expected in 2018

Source: http://pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=78501&sid=2fed11272508b70cc053fe34bdf286c4&start=645

V.P.

And I guess we wil have to wait 2020 for the 1/72 versions to be released ..

Patrice

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2016/info-eduard-2016-11EN.pdf

(...) What we will definitely produce is the P-51D Mustang. Certain doubts were raised after a 48th scale Mustang was announced by three other firms over October. I don’t blame any of them.

The Mustang is the gold standard of model types. Let them go ahead, and we will do the same, and make our own choices that we consider to be the best ones. We don’t necessarily work quickly, but we do try and be as thorough as we can. Many nowadays factor in speed – that good work is quick work. There may be something to that, fast work brings in fast money. But on the other hand, quality is certainly a function of time invested, and I think that much is to be said for the old adage ‘slow and steady wins the race‘. And whenever we tried to circumnavigate this basic  principal, it did not end well. So, there will be no more shortcuts, we will continue to put the time in as necessary to not cut corners and to short

change quality, and we will continue to operate under the notion that these things will ultimately be good for our company and bring high returns on the investments. These are the values we want to offer you, and we will be adding innovation and enjoyment. So be patient...it will be well worth the wait. The ‘Eduard month‘ is a good thing.(...)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee