1/48 - North American F/P-51D/K Mustang by Eduard - released - TF-51D conv. set by Halberd models in 2024

Homebee

Looking at eduard's new 1/72 Fokker it has what I can see two different types of fuselages. So why wouldn't it be possible for eduard to make an 1/72 scale P-51D with two types of wings? One with all panellines and one accurate without those panellines that where filled, sanded and painted?

Cheers / André

14 hours ago, Andre B said:

Looking at eduard's new 1/72 Fokker it has what I can see two different types of fuselages. So why wouldn't it be possible for eduard to make an 1/72 scale P-51D with two types of wings? One with all panellines and one accurate without those panellines that where filled, sanded and painted?

Cheers / André

Their Spit also has several wing types as well but they are doing at least two fuselages for the Mustang, so how far do you go? I just don't think it's worth Eduard doing it and I'm not that bothered about having to fill a few lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Their Spit also has several wing types as well but they are doing at least two fuselages for the Mustang, so how far do you go? I just don't think it's worth Eduard doing it and I'm not that bothered about having to fill a few lines.

Looking at the Spitfire eduard has gone a much longer way than they had to go with an P-51D. Heller made the spinnfin separately so one don't have to make two fuselages or tails.

And looking at the old Lindberg 1/72 even they knewed how the real P-51D wing looked... ;)

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9533&p=87124#p87124

Strange, when it comes to Fokker and Spitfire it's ok with several props, wheels, wingtips etc. Or even cockpithatches and canopys. But an second accurate wing when it concerns the P-51D...

Cheers / André

18 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Looking at the Spitfire eduard has gone a much longer way than they had to go with an P-51D. Heller made the spinnfin separately so one don't have to make two fuselages or tails.

And looking at the old Lindberg 1/72 even they knewed how the real P-51D wing looked... ;)

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9533&p=87124#p87124

Strange, when it comes to Fokker and Spitfire it's ok with several props, wheels, wingtips etc. Or even cockpithatches and canopys. But an second accurate wing when it concerns the P-51D...

Cheers / André

Yes Eduard have made it nice and easy for us with a separate fuselage and while another wing would have been nice, to me it's just seems a waste of plastic. No more than about 30 minutes work to fill those lines ( a lot less if you use correction fluid ) - at least they didn't add rivets there. 

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Yes Eduard have made it nice and easy for us with a separate fuselage and while another wing would have been nice, to me it's just seems a waste of plastic. No more than about 30 minutes work to fill those lines ( a lot less if you use correction fluid ) - at least they didn't add rivets there. 

I rather build kits than putting time in filler and wetsanding.

For me an spare wing wouldn't be waste of plastic. It could be used for other kits or as an testbench when it comes to painting or foiling.

And if one doesn't like spareparts or waste of plastic one could always get the Airfix or Tamiya kit instead.

In the end eduard never made cheap or simple kits like Airfix. They make well engineered and detailed kits. Sometimes expensive with lots of extra parts to choose among. Why not open up for something new instead of another Tamiya P-51D copy?

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Eduard to release the P-51D-5 in July (August!) followed by a fillet-less D-5 in October! All the sprues save one will be available for viewing at ModellBrno. Can't wait for the Royal Class offering.

From the newsletter:

There will be the latest Mustang shots available for viewing, and that project will by then be nearing completion. There will be only one plastic sprue missing. That will need to be finished by the beginning of July, because we have our pre-premiere Mustang slated to be ready for August for the line Library Edition, dubbed CHATTANOOGA CHOO CHOO. The name of the popular jazz tune was carried by P-51D-5s flown by Ed Poque of the 79th FS, 20th FG, 8th Air Army. It’s one of six marking options of this pre-premiers edition of the kit. The actual release of the kit is being timed to coincide with the IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga , Tennessee. The kit will be available at the show, and through our e-shop as part of the event Afterparty. They will also be available through retailers, as long as they preorder them on time. All of the chosen P-51D-5s are of the later variant, with the tail fillet, which is the difference between this and the premiere P-51D Mustang ProfiPACK edition which should be out in October.

Edited by Masinissa
  • Like 1

August is starting to look expensive as if i've read it correctly they're releasing the Bf109 G-6A/S as well. 

Who needs Tamiya and Airfix when we've got Eduard? Not me anyway.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

1st  and ltd edition boxing - ref. 11134 - North American P-51D-5-NA Mustang "Chattanooga Choo Choo"

Source: https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2019-08.pdf

Concerning the August 2019 releases, please pay your attention to the Limited Edition kit item #11134 Chattanooga Choo Choo. This is the first item based on the new 1/48th scale P-51D Mustang kit, and it is released as a show special item for IPMS USA Nats in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This item will be available by Eduard first during the show, which will be on August 7th - 10th, 2019. The item will be available for distributors and shops, the pre-ordered amount only, with availability for shipping since August 5th, 2019. If you are interested in this item, and I recommend you to be because this one is expected to be real bestseller, pre-order asap. If you have any questions about this item or about the shipment schedule for this item, don´t hesitate to ask me! Note the preorders must be sent until Thursday, June 20. Thank you for your kind cooperation and for your preorders!

MUS1.jpg MUS2.jpg

And a sprues review

https://www.detailscaleview.com/2019/06/eduard-48-mustang-sprues-review.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2722130321135231

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/a.122154977799458/2722148711133392/

The fuselage tool for the P-51D’s tail fin variants is undergoing the final changes. You can see this sprue for the first time in our pre-premiere Chattanooga Choo Choo Limited Edition kit in August. The ProfiPACK's (P-51D-5, the variant without tail fin) premiere will take place on E-Day 2019.

66214154-2722128934468703-10398962275770

We’ve passed the first test of the final tool for our Mustang. It looks horrible, doesn't it?
Don‘t worry, we also believe it will be completely debugged, as well as believing that we will be able to release the Chattanooga Choo Choo Limited Edition kit at the beginning of August. Wish us good luck!

V.P.

• Like 1

I don't do 1/48

I don't do 1/48

I don't do 1/48

I don't do 1/48

Blimey that looks like a wonderful Mustang kit

I don't do 1/48

Quite like that Airfix Spitfire XIV too

I don't do 1/48

And that Tamiya Mk I

I don't do 1/48

There's some great decal options for 1/48 Mustangs

I don't do 1/48

I might have a go at 1/48 for a change...

Justin

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2749783961703200

Our 1/48 scale P-51D is on the final run!
Vladimir Sulc (right) discuss with Martin Nademlejnsky some last upgrades on the instruction sheet. 
Note the three fully build test models in foreground. The kit itself is almost ready, we are working on last tools adjustments. Need to say, it is a nice Mustang, believe you will like it. Some minor problems are on way to be eliminated. Just one major trouble still lasts – the wing that Mr. Sulc holds on the photo, still doesn´t fit to the fuselage. We hope for a quick solution anyway!
Limited Edition of P-51D-5 with additional dorsal fin fillet will be released on 7 August 2019.

67307543-2749783601703236-41720715527638

V.P.

Ed´s Mustang was probably a definitive "bubble top" Mustang with parts for A N Y  "D or K" version. Look at sprues - all weapons (Rocket launchers, HVAR missiles,bombs, tanks,  all canopy - with Dallas for "K", all type of propeller, and Eduard was a OvTr program - so - you need a AM decals only.... I can´t wait !

Friend´s have pleease a tip for ultimate AM decal sheet with pin ups on Mustang ?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2757022887645974

Box design of the very fresh Eduard´s brand new P-51D Mustang!
The Chattanooga Choo Choo limited edition will be released in occasion of the IPMS USA Nats in Chattanooga on August 7th, 2019. From that date will be available also on Eduard webstore and by selected retailers.
Box design by Jan Zdiarsky using artefacts from  the Museum of Air Battle over the Ore Mountains on September 11th, 1944 and great Mustang artwork by Piotr Forkasiewicz.

Upcoming kit is focused on the D-5 production block with additionally mounted dorsal fin fillet assembly.
Decals by Cartograf for 6 markings of 8th and 15th USAAF Mustangs.

66838325-2756993240982272-28792265119388

V.P.

The lower wing! Looks dicey. I may just build the wheel wells into the wing while leaving the wing on the sprue and then cut it off? Once I get the plastic in hand I'll know more. But still . . . :unsure:

I'll pre-order one from Burbank Hobbies then drive over and pick it up, and they give a 20% discount too!

Edited by Masinissa

14 hours ago, Masinissa said:

The lower wing! Looks dicey. I may just build the wheel wells into the wing while leaving the wing on the sprue and then cut it off? Once I get the plastic in hand I'll know more. But still . . . :unsure:

I'll pre-order one from Burbank Hobbies then drive over and pick it up, and they give a 20% discount too!

That what I was planning/thinking too. Build the wing up on the sprue.

• Like 1