Academy P-40B Pearl Harbour ******FINISHED******

Hello All

Hope its ok if I barge in on this GB, this will be my third attempt at a group build and hopefully I may finish this one.

I will be building the Academy P-40C in 1/48. This will be modelled as a P-40B as per aircraft based in Hawaii during the attack on Pearl Harbour. I will be building this OOB with a scratch built harness and maybe an Eduard mask (if I get round to buying one) and either AM decals or I may make my own masks.

Box and Sprue shots below

P-401_zps8ad39b41.jpg

P-402_zps2d26b756.jpg

P-403_zps4e75a0b5.jpg

More soon

Thanks

Simon

Edited by Skids
  • Like 3

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps

To reiterate Mungo, welcome aboard!

Now, which set of markings...

Christian the Married and exiled to africa

Well not sure which markings as I might just make and spray something yet ..... hmmmm we shall see

• Like 1

If I can sort decals (or make my own masks) this will be turning into a ...................

P-40B belonging to one of the Pursuit Groups based in Hawaii on the 7th Dec 41

• Like 1

Well the OOB idea has gone OTW

Whilst on a certain site looking at decals I noticed some masks for decals and I have wanted to try that route on other kits so I thought why not!

But the masks were half the price of the Decals and I noticed that the etch was on £3.30 so that got ordered too. All for less than the decals.....bargain

So I will wait till that stuff arrives before I crack on with this build. Hopefully only a few more days

Simon

Nice little package delivered by the postie today which had these in

P-404_zps8e91fa60.jpg

Masks look ok, I am looking forward to trying them too. Well now I can begin.

more real soon

Simon

Struggling to get near the bench but I have made a start (even though some have finished!!!!!)

Small bit, thought I would try drilling out the exhausts as I was trying to do OOB (even though I now have the etch). I am quite pleased

P-405_zpsc4a9ca6b.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 2

Thanks guys

It looks like a really nice kit, that with a lot of AM could be a stunner (if I had the cash to throw at it). I just want it to look good.

Well a little bit more done, got the other side done to where I want, not to clear on pic but hopefully it will look better when painted

Now onto the rest of the cockpit

P-407_zpsa8ebdb3d.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 2

I cant believe some people are onto second, third and even fourth kits and I am still messing about on the cockpit.

Well I am slow and I only get an hour or two at a time so I will just happily plod onwards.

Nearly at the stage of painting just the seat harness to sort out. Instrument panel done ready to paint, (not glued the face bit on yet, will wait till the rest is painted)

P-408_zps55e4b851.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 1

Not bad at all for a start. The rest will no doubt be excellent.

Keep at it!

JR

• Like 1

Well after a few busy days at the weekend I have managed to get a bit more done.

Will be piecing it together ready for my first attempt at a proper rivet job. Thanks to Sergiy (S48) who has supplied me with a great drawing and the Rivet-R on order it should be fun. More real soon.

P-40%209_zpsl7wosapt.jpg

P-40%2010_zpsuilxetrk.jpg

P-40%2011_zpsv40zs5mj.jpg

P-40%2012_zpszsfibc5w.jpg

Thanks for looking

Simon

• Like 1