Thai Curtiss Hawk 75 N, Monogram P 36 scratch conv., 1/72

Hi

Next old stuff from a shelf. Curtiss Hawk 75 N, a fixed u/c version of Hawk 75 (P 36) with 9-cyliders Wright Cyclone radial engine. It was done as scratch conversion of Monogram P 36 A which has rectactable gear and 14-cyliders Pratt Whitney Twin Wasp engine... So, some work has to be added - out of scratch.

At present there are kit of this version in both 1/48 and in 1/72 scales.

There are discrepancy in profiles of Thai Hawks 75s - some are presenting two colours from top, some other three (and in some cases two brown and one green, in another two green one brown). I was following some old profile, but I have not in my files full reference, I am sorry. The markings are from 5 Wing Royal Thai Air Forces, December 1941-early 1942 from war against French Vichy on side of Japan. Original photos of Hawk 75N are of poor quality, for example:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/updates?g2_itemId=435859

All markings are hand paint on decals.

BTW - the history of Thailand in WWII is interesting - one can read about it for example from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand_in_World_War_II. They used both US and Japan airplanes (Ki-30 for example) and have three different national insignia...(one as unusual as white elephant on red field)

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

p36 DSC03141p36 DSC03142p36 DSC03143p36 DSC03144p36 DSC03146

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 12

Hi Jerzy!!!!

Happy New Year for you and yur people there!!!

i was in semi retirement, but will have enough time to get all the homework done here.

I was days ago, while have getting some things of my stash in order, thinking about to do something as found one Monogram with missing pieces, and was wondering about that, but anyway, thankfully have the inspiration of watching yours nicely done job in this machine a special one to replicate. I love all those nice machines you post worked with a plenty of love labour and as a finalization of a large investigation work.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you Mike, Darby, Luis-Alfonso and Jason for comments! And special thanks:

just for a morbid curiosity for something odd

Darby, I share your motivation to see something odd :)

Luis Alfonso - Happy New Year to you also! - I was warried that something happend to you, I have not seen your presence on BM. Glad to have you back here :)

Jason - you are giving me motivation for next conversion games...

Mike - thank you for apppreciating historical background

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Thank you Mike, Darby, Luis-Alfonso and Jason for comments! And special thanks:

Darby, I share your motivation to see something odd :)

Luis Alfonso - Happy New Year to you also! - I was warried that something happend to you, I have not seen your presence on BM. Glad to have you back here :)

Jason - you are giving me motivation for next conversion games...

Mike - thank you for apppreciating historical background

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi Jerzy!!!

Thank you very much!!!! I have something to do that have mantained me far from the PC those days and without enjoying BM stars performing the nearly impossible and wonderful surprises, but hope to mantain regularly a presence here.

I have something to share with you that leaves me anytime I listen it since 1976 leaves me just in a perfect mood:

Cheers to you, all the polish people and anyone who enjoy it!!!

Luis Alfonso

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 1

Thank you Luis-Alfonso very much for greetings and for Urszula Dudziak's fameous tune. BTW she started her career in a jazz club in my home city - Krakow. I immediately thought on her Latin Amrican relations - for example she sang on Flora Purim album Encounter, together with Joe Henderson on sax and some other excellent players - I like ecpecially the ballad entitled Windows (BTW those days this word made different associations and meanings as today :)). I am not giving the link, not to convert BM into the jazz forum, but this should be easy to find on YT...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Hi Jerzy!!!!

Thank you very much for the honor of add me as a friend!!!!

I will watch for more of Ursula Dudziak songs, and sure will have many hours building and listening those nice music filling my modeling environment of joy and good memories.

BTW at the time this song emerged here, I don't know how in this small country as Guatemala is, I had 15 and used to listen a broadcast program here and this guy has the only known record and used to play it by request at the end of the program, and believe it or not, there were so many requests that he always closed the program this way.

ALSO: that's the time I began to build models and started with the old Revell 1/72 F105/F100/F102/B57/Me 109/P40/P51/Spitfire series....you know......and NOW, started to save remains/buy new kits of those memorable old planes.....Easily I can recall with softness about girls and Motorcycles/cars of the time, but when I listen this wonderful lady singing this song, I felt my heart alive and the modeling desires flow from inside me!!!

Cheers and wonderful wekend to you!!!

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1