Ammo Mig Paint Set

colossusfr

Hi,

Is anybody here ever use this paint ?

These paints looks like Vallejo, Prince August Air, AK, etc. It is the same type of bootle. But be careful, the formula of paint is different.

Their paint sets seems to be very interresting like the IAF paint set or the more recent Modern US or Modern Russia paint sets.

I tried to use it few days ago but I had some troubles with a lot of clogging of my airbrush. I don't have this type of problem with Gunze, Tamiya, PA Air or Akan. But maybe, I don't know how to use it.

That's why I need your help.

Do you use this paint ? If yes, what type of aibrush, size of needle, pressure and thinner ?

Thanks a lot.

Alain.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alain, I have just purchased the Ammo Of Mig Modern Russian paint set, I tried airbrushing the blue grey,came out just like water even after shaking the bottle for about three mins. it says its pre thinned to scale colour, it runs like mad even on low pressure. I use an Iwata airbrush, and a ..good compresser fited with a water trap so the problem seems to be with the paint. I have read a build article on IPMS Ireland website on the use of these colours on the Meng Tiger which is the same build as im doing, he also had the same problem with the paint and could not rectify it. I certainly wont be using ammo of mig again, for me I will stick with Tamiya. Hope this helps.

Dave