New Airbrush advice for Acrylics

Remodel_Remake

Hi There

My first proper post... Please forgive my spelling.

I was hoping for a bit of advice on a double action airbrush purchase.

I'm looking at the H&S Silverline 2 in 1 or the H&S Evolution 2 in 1.

It's to replace a old Badger 200 & Aztek A470.

Only going to be spraying acrylics through it (Model Air,Lifecolor,Tamiya & maybe a few Ammo/AK paints) mostly on 1/75 aircraft & 1/35 Armour.

Could I ask which of these brushes would be most recommended for the task by you fine fellows?

I'm looking for ease of cleaning & good reliability but also maybe the ability to upgrade the airbrush with other needle options.

I know I'm pushing my luck but could I also ask what kit would be best for cleaning the brushes... Oh and what is an FPc? Can't I just control the pressure on my compressor head?

Thanks in advance of any help.

Regards

Euan

Hi,

The difference between the Evolution Silverline and standard Evolution is that the Silverline has a preset handle on the back. This sets the maximum paint flow allowed which is useful in detail work and where you want a constant flow, such as in pre shading.

Most of my customers go for the silverline, but a preset handle, as with everything else can be added to the standard evolution later if needed.

2in1 sets come with the internal paint cup, about 0.5ml, 2ml and 5ml. You can also buy 15ml, 50ml and a side feed 15ml bottle set.

Most 2in1 sets are supplied with the 0.2 and 0.4mm nozzles. There is a finer nozzle set the 0.15mm which uses the same air cap as the 0.2mm so you just need to buy the needle and nozzle for a little over £20. There is also the larger 0.6ml nozzle set for painting realy large areas. I've only sold a few of these, the 0.4mm is big enough for most people.. There are two fifferent aircaps available, the standard brushes have the traditional shrouded end, but the crplus Evolution and Infinity have a pincer aircap that allows you to see the needle as well as clear any paint buildup off the nozzle/needle before it becomes a problem.

Struppping down is very simple and cleaning is a lot easier than other brushes. H&S produce their own cleaning brush set (I supply a set plus the H&S workshop DVD free with new brush). One brush is to clean the body the other cleans the nozzle. There is also a metal reamer available to clean out the inside tip of the nozzle if you get paint buildup here. You can also use micro brushes to clean the inside of the nozzle and aircap.

fPc valve is a replacement stem air valve that has a rotating outside part to allow you to vary the air pressure in the same way as a MAC valve can when added to an air hose. These can be added later, but it does allow you to fine tune the air pressure which can be useful for fine detail work.

I know there are many people on here with Evolution Brushes, so you should get a fair amount of feedback shortly.

Thnaks,

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for that incredibly useful information just what I needed.

Is the pincer air cap available for the Silverline?

As its acrylics I'm looking at I feel that the ability to give the tip a quick wipe would be useful.

Also would the air hose that I use for my Badger airbrush work with the H&S or do they have a bespoke hose.

Definitely going with the Silverline I think so I'll check out your site, pretty sure I ordered some bits n bobs from you a number of years ago, misson model chisel that I still use despite having long since lost the little Allen key for luckily the edge never seems to dull.

I have had an H&S evolution fps for nearly 6yrs now, apart from haveing to replace a couple of nozzles it has given me sterling service, The FPS can be very useful.

I bought a H&S Silverline 2in1 from Paul last week and I am delighted with it, it's really a quality tool and will do everything I ever need.

The service from Paul was top notch too, he was always on hand for advice. I would highly recommend!

I've had a H&S evolution for about 8 years now and I'd certainly recommend one.

I don't use any of the bells and whistles and I've changed a couple of nozzles and 1 seal in all the time I've had it.

I wouldn't bother with the reamer it destroyed one of my nozzles, and I make my own brushes from interdental brushes and a cocktail stick.

Hi Paul

Thanks for that incredibly useful information just what I needed.

Is the pincer air cap available for the Silverline?

As its acrylics I'm looking at I feel that the ability to give the tip a quick wipe would be useful.

Also would the air hose that I use for my Badger airbrush work with the H&S or do they have a bespoke hose.

Definitely going with the Silverline I think so I'll check out your site, pretty sure I ordered some bits n bobs from you a number of years ago, misson model chisel that I still use despite having long since lost the little Allen key for luckily the edge never seems to dull.

The pincer aircap is available for £18 each.

There is one that firs the 0.15mm and 0.2mm nozzle set and another that fits the 0.4mm. People normally only buy the one for the finer nozzles.

( http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/air-cap-015-02-mm--infinity-126783-3486-p.asp and http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/air-cap-04-mm-infinity-126793-3487-p.asp )

H&S brushes have a standard 1/8th fitting on the air valve, with a male quick release adapter fitted.

If you have a badger hose then you can buy a quick release adapter for this for £9 ( http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/quick-relase-27mm-m5-x-045-male-for-badger-hose-104473-3556-p.asp ).

You can also adapt a badger brush to fit the quick release connector for £4 ( http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/adapter--g18-female-thread-to-badger-male-104683-3568-p.asp).

Hope that helps,

Paul

Thanks Paul, I reckon I'll check out the Silverline 2in1 with the fcp & maybe the pincer nozzle for the 0.2, is that a combination that you can supply?

Hi,

We can supply whatever you decide you need, give me a call when you are ready to order and we'll go through all the options.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi,

We can supply whatever you decide you need, give me a call when you are ready to order and we'll go through all the options.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks for the advice Paul, I've just placed my order with you, might get the 15ml cup in the future (I do have my eyes on a italeri PT boat).

Looking forward to retiring my badger to alclad duties only.

Thanks for the advice Paul, I've just placed my order with you, might get the 15ml cup in the future (I do have my eyes on a italeri PT boat).

Looking forward to retiring my badger to alclad duties only.

Hi, I have the order picked, should be with you tomorrow.

Many Thanks,

Paul

Hi, I have the order picked, should be with you tomorrow.

Many Thanks,

Paul

Thanks Paul, that's amazing service.

I've just had a shot with some Indian ink through it ( all I'm allowed to spray indoors by she who must be obeyed) very comfortable, seems to have the right feel for me.

I'm really looking forward to getting back out to the man cave to get stuck into it.

Thanks again

Euan

• Like 1

The pincer aircap is available for £18 each.

There is one that firs the 0.15mm and 0.2mm nozzle set and another that fits the 0.4mm. People normally only buy the one for the finer nozzles.

( http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/air-cap-015-02-mm--infinity-126783-3486-p.asp and http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/air-cap-04-mm-infinity-126793-3487-p.asp )

H&S brushes have a standard 1/8th fitting on the air valve, with a male quick release adapter fitted.

If you have a badger hose then you can buy a quick release adapter for this for £9 ( http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/quick-relase-27mm-m5-x-045-male-for-badger-hose-104473-3556-p.asp ).

You can also adapt a badger brush to fit the quick release connector for £4 ( http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/adapter--g18-female-thread-to-badger-male-104683-3568-p.asp).

Hope that helps,

Paul

Been reading your advice Paul and just placed order for Silverline 2 in 1 and pincer cap.

Waited for result for car mot and it passed so spare cash spent with you.

Been reading your advice Paul and just placed order for Silverline 2 in 1 and pincer cap.

Waited for result for car mot and it passed so spare cash spent with you.

Hi, Many Thanks for the order. It was posted today signed for. Should be there before 13:00 Thursday.

Paul

Paul

i bought an H&S Ultra from you before Christmas and am wondering if the pincer cap would fit?

Hutch

Hi, Sorry It's not supported. The Ultra is simplified compared to the Evo and Infinity. A great starter or second brush with two nozzle sizes available (0.2 and 0.4mm) and two paint cups available ( 2ml and 5ml), but doesn't have the expandability of the other H&S brushes.

Paul.

Hi, Sorry It's not supported. The Ultra is simplified compared to the Evo and Infinity. A great starter or second brush with two nozzle sizes available (0.2 and 0.4mm) and two paint cups available ( 2ml and 5ml), but doesn't have the expandability of the other H&S brushes.

Paul.

No probs, many thanks for the reply. I'm loving the Ultra, maybe upgrade someday when I'm feeling in the need....

Hutch

• Like 1