1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

On 05/10/2016 at 1:10 AM, SeaVenom said:

I wonder if it'll have those totally ridiculous photoetch vanes to stick on the main pitot tube like on the 1/48th kits.

I'm hoping they'll leave that as a lumpy bit of plastic...because Master will have bestowed on us a brass/3-D printed resin item in 1/48 and 1/72!  Their Fitter one is a lovely thing indeed.

3 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

any idea when it will be in market?

FB update quote

Our intention is to go through all production stages as quickly as possible and have the model ready before the end of this year.

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1629627057052235

First MiG-21MF in 1/72nd scale is scheduled for first quarter of 2018. MiG-21MF was produced by two manufacturers, by Zavod No.21, located in Gorkiy (today Nizniy Novgorod), where the grey surface PVO version was produced, and by Zavod No.30 in Moscow, where the front aviation camouflaged or silver surface aircraft were manufactured. Our kit will reflect differences between both version, and will be released in two different boxings. To introduce the differences, we offer you the popular quiz: find ten differences. Actually, we do have eleven differences on the kit surface, co find them on these eight pictures. Note find surface differences only, no differences inside of the cockpit, because these differences are not shown on these pictures. The winner, the first correct answer, will get a Profipack kit in 1/72nd or 1/48th scale depends of the winners choice.

There are the PVO aircraft (Gorkiy built) on the pictures with greyish fuselage, and the front aviation aircraft from Moscow are these with brownish fuselages.

Aucun texte alternatif disponible.

L’image contient peut-être : avion

V.P.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fine to me. I had no idea that many differences existed between the PVO and VVS versions.

Glad it will come out in 2018 though - gives me some time to adjust spending plan..!

Jay

On 2017-4-27 at 06:51, SeaVenom said:

I know those are CADS but the cockpit and nose don't look right to me.  I'm not saying I'm correct but the nose looks too short (a common mistake with Mig 21 kits) and the canopy possibly looks too big and wrong.

Given that this kit will be based on the research and basic CAD files of 1/48th family of  MiG-21's, and the only real criticism I ever saw of those was Eduard fudged the BIS nose,  I'd be very surprised if there are any glaring faults.

Can't wait for build it and buy lot of them! i love Fishbed!

At the same time, i'm happy that it will came out in 2018.. i need time to save money and organize my spending plans!

ciao

Ale

• 2 months later...

So, the MiG-21M / MF will be the first, as would be expected since the Czech used this version....has there been an announcement of all planned versions covered yet?

Cheers,

Andre

2 hours ago, Hook said:

So, the MiG-21M / MF will be the first, as would be expected since the Czech used this version....has there been an announcement of all planned versions covered yet?

All the versions as in 1/48 scale, but most likely in different order, MF being the first.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any hope of a U/US/UM being released? Of all the variants it is the most sorely missing one. 

Martin

PS: please give me hope before I "break plastic" on my TOGA Mongol with lots of resin and vac form extras! ;). Or maybe I should start it and see what happens? ;)

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 2:05 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Is there any hope of a U/US/UM being released? Of all the variants it is the most sorely missing one. 

Martin

PS: please give me hope before I "break plastic" on my TOGA Mongol with lots of resin and vac form extras! ;). Or maybe I should start it and see what happens? ;)

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Okay Gabor so if you are correct then the next best is to shift the PF (not the PFM) higher up the priorities! ;). There are many other singles in 1/72 but the PF is also noticeable by its absence!

Martin

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Okay Gabor so if you are correct then the next best is to shift the PF (not the PFM) higher up the priorities! ;). There are many other singles in 1/72 but the PF is also noticeable by its absence!

Bilek did a PF:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/148162-bilek-933-mig-21-pf-fishbed-d

As well as Fujimi:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/145754-fujimi-h-26-mig-21pf

13 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Dont hold your breath on this one! Mr. Eduard is firmly against the two seaters, seeing little business possibilities in them.

And yet, we got Eduards MiG-15UTI. Did that one perhaps not sell as well as hoped..? 

Cheers,

Andre

On 8/31/2017 at 11:42 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Martin

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

6 hours ago, Hook said:

They both did, mate, but they are sadly inaccurate. My only option now is to convert my Zvezda MIG-21PFM :(

Martin

53 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

They both did, mate, but they are sadly inaccurate. My only option now is to convert my Zvezda MIG-21PFM :(

Martin

Wait wait wait wait, what's wrong with the Bilek -21PF?