1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

17 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

It could be a good news for the coming front air brakes

A quick question if I may - on the real thing both front and rear air brakes work in unison, no?

Cheers,

Andre 

On 6/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, Hook said:

A quick question if I may - on the real thing both front and rear air brakes work in unison, no?

Cheers,

Andre 

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Boom 175,

Yes I have seen the comparison on Eduard page. This is the official statement.

Under "our Czech" friends I was expecting to see some comments from Czech modellers who had the chance to buy the new version last weekend. 

Best regards

Gabor

I am very curious to see the actual plastic my self!! Are those differences on that Eduard post accurate for the most part?

Edited by boom175

On 6/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, boom175 said:

I am very curious to see the actual plastic my self!! Are those differences on that Eduard post accurate for the most part?

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Thanks 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2103980812950188

A varied selection of decals for 12 colour schemes is included in our July Royal Class MiG-21MF kit (cat. no. R0017) in 1/72 scale. Two models of the MiG-21MF can be built from this Dual Combo kit. It offers subversions manufactured in Moscow and Gorki plants.

Within the Nymburk Afterparty at the Eduard Factory Store, you will now get 15% discount (20% for BFC) for a wide range of products, including July’s new releases!

https://www.eduard.com/store/

https://www.eduard.com/store/aircraft-and-helicopters/1-72/mig-21mf-1-72-1.html

V.P.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2107950972553172

Together with July’s Royal Class Edition of the MiG-21MF kit in 1/72 scale we also release Brassin airbrakes. The set includes parts for two front and one rear airbrake.
Both items are now available within the Nymburk Afterparty at the Eduard Factory Store.

https://www.eduard.com/store/eduard/mig-21mf-airbrakes-1-72.html

https://www.eduard.com/store/eduard/mig-21mf-1-72-1.html

V.P.

On 6/18/2018 at 8:01 PM, ya-gabor said:

No. If you have a centre line external fuel tank fitted then the rear air brake is blocked.

But you will have millions of photos where museum aircraft are standing with fuel tank and the airbrake "drops" onto the tank. So . . .

In real life (what I have seen on operational aircraft) the front airbrakes sag a little, where they are not perfectly in line with the fuselage surface. This is perfectly illustrated on the kit, but only on the rear air brake which is shown standing a "bit" clear of the surface. The same should be with the front brakes too.

Best regards

Gabor 

Thanks!

I've added a third kit to my stash after fondling the first two. Yes, I am weak.  ;) I have also started a Fujimi bis in the meantime to get in the MiG-21 mood. 

Cheers,

Andre

On 6/23/2018 at 9:42 AM, Hook said:

Thanks!

I've added a third kit to my stash after fondling the first two. Yes, I am weak.  ;) I have also started a Fujimi bis in the meantime to get in the MiG-21 mood. 

Cheers,

Andre

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 2:23 PM, Ryan Hothersall said:

R3R missiles in 1:72 are hard to get. 

Only seen them in weapon sets from Dragon and ICM and in an obscure MiG-21SMT kit from a Russian company, MIR. 

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

• 3 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/a.122154977799458.21995.116570475024575/2137802182901384/?type=3&theater

Poster with arkwork specially created by Piotr Forkasiewicz for the Royal Class Edition kit of MiG-21MF in 1/72 scale (cat. no. R0017) captures MiG-21 MF with serial number 1019. It was deployed to Syria with No. 11 Squadron towards to the Yom Kippur war. According to Arabian sources (uncomfirmed from Israeli part), the aircraft flown by Namiq Saadallah claimed a Mirage III. kill, apparently on October 23 1973. Seven years later, on 8 September 1980, 1st Lt Sadik was certif…ied with a kill against an Iranian F4-E Phantom. The R-13M missile was used.

The poster in A3 size is a part of the kit, it will not be available separately.

https://www.eduard.com/store/aircraft-and-helicopters/1-72/mig-21mf-1-72-1.html

36713684.jpg

V.P.

14 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Is current's Eduard Mig-21 a Gorky built aircraft or Czech one?

There is no such thing as a Czech version of MiG-21MF (not counting in the MiG-21MFN, which was an upgrade carried out on 10 Gorky produced MFs in 1999/2000). 

The current Profipack (Interceptor) is a machine built in Gorky. Royal Class edition contains one set of sprues for each of both Gorky and Moscow (Znamya Truda) produced MFs. Znamya Truda MF Profipack will be released sometime during autumn, and will be labeled as Fighter-Bomber.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JBr said:

There is no such thing as a Czech version of MiG-21MF (not counting in the MiG-21MFN, which was an upgrade carried out on 10 Gorky produced MFs in 1999/2000). 

The current Profipack (Interceptor) is a machine built in Gorky. Royal Class edition contains one set of sprues for each of both Gorky and Moscow (Znamya Truda) produced MFs. Znamya Truda MF Profipack will be released sometime during autumn, and will be labeled as Fighter-Bomber.

I was wondering what the difference between the two versions was, as I have had a look on Eduards web site the other day at the available Overtrees in which it gives the two versions but does not actually say what the difference between the two are. I may now have another look to see what I can now find.

12 hours ago, JBr said:

Sorry and at the same time thanks, but it's just a word I use to differentiate soviet and czech and license built aircraft

35 minutes ago, Jabba said:

I was wondering what the difference between the two versions was, as I have had a look on Eduards web site the other day at the available Overtrees in which it gives the two versions but does not actually say what the difference between the two are. I may now have another look to see what I can now find.

Eduard a year ago? asked people to spot differences between the 6 or so pictures they posted at their Facebook page,  I think that my answers with images are still on their page and I've probably nailed them all but god no candy whatsoever.

Differences were

In canopy area -> mirror fairing

Below the right corner on canopy's left side -> something was moved and I think a light or some sort of connector was added

Wing area -> extra riveting and oval shaped strip

Engine area -> exhaust shroud dent was different

Vertical stabilizer area -> left or right panel had a different size and position

Midst-upper left fuselage area -> another panel used for machine gun had a different shape

MLG area -> fuselage fairing had different shape

Left-lower mid fuselage area -> another panel was different

Luigi

On 7/12/2018 at 9:32 PM, Jabba said:

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

I bought immediatly the "normal" kit and the royal class package and i really love this kit. Did you know if Eduard planned a complete Fishbed family (Bis, PFM, R and PF) same as the 48th scale kit for the future?

ciao

Ale

12 hours ago, Ale85 said:

I bought immediatly the "normal" kit and the royal class package and i really love this kit. Did you know if Eduard planned a complete Fishbed family (Bis, PFM, R and PF) same as the 48th scale kit for the future?

ciao

Ale

PF, PFM and most likely R should be released very late next year, bis is supposed to eventually come too, but without any given time frame of release.