1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

17 minutes ago, MiG-Mech said:

This is not the Tornado topic. 

True, apologies. 

Back on topic, I am really looking forward to Eduard's 1/72nd R, bis and SMT. I even have a resin IAB-500 in preparation..!

Cheers,

Andre

1 hour ago, Hook said:

True, apologies. 

Back on topic, I am really looking forward to Eduard's 1/72nd R, bis and SMT. I even have a resin IAB-500 in preparation..!

Cheers,

Andre

You're not the only one. From not having a single MiG-21 at the start of the year, I have ended up with eleven Eduard -21s. All from seeing a built example on here. It may well be my favourite 1/72 kit and I can see myself getting plenty more. There's so much in the way of colour schemes and users that I think it would be hard to get bored of them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

You're not the only one. From not having a single MiG-21 at the start of the year, I have ended up with eleven Eduard -21s. All from seeing a built example on here. It may well be my favourite 1/72 kit and I can see myself getting plenty more. There's so much in the way of colour schemes and users that I think it would be hard to get bored of them.

"Bored of MiG-21's, you're bored of life!" ;)

After many years of making do with so-so 1/72nd kits in terms of accuracy (Fujimi, Matchbox, Heller,. Hasegawa), refinement (KP / Plastyk / et al) and ease of assembly (RV), the Zvezda bis and PFM were a breath of fresh air.... until the Eduard ones came along. 

Plus, they are ridiculously affordable for what you get. The Zvezda PFM is available for the same price I paid for the Profipack Eduards with etch, masks, and lots of leftover bits for the spares box (yes, the Eduard KM-1 seat fits the Zvezda 'pit!). 

Bring em on, Eduard!

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Hook
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, drake122 said:

These black and gold boxed 're-releases' of their old MF boxings come with the old style decals or the new bad ones? Anyone knows?

From their newsletter (2021-04):

I think I should point out the difference here between a re-release and a re-stock. A re-stock for a certain item means that we have everything we need in the warehouse (including boxes, instructions, decals) and all it needs is to be packed. And packed they can be the moment we have the plastic. An item that is up for re-release means that we haven’t got the material to pack the kit (Such as boxes, etc.). In those cases, we revisit the instructions and decals, and update the box to our current standard. Then, we combine everything, print it all, and release it under the same catalog number. If there ends up being a more significant change to the kit, such as something to do with a scheme or the boxart, then we also change the catalog number.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drake122 said:

These black and gold boxed 're-releases' of their old MF boxings come with the old style decals or the new bad ones? Anyone knows?

The decals look identical to my earlier boxings.

I have not heard anything about the decline of Eduards decals before, would you happen to have some more information?

Cheers,

Andre

I’m going to bang the drum again for an Eduard Bis in 1/72!!!!!!! Why not? It would be relatively easy given the fact that a 1/48!was already released. Come on Eduard, read the market and respond :)

How many of you out there agree? Let’s get a petition rolling ;)

Martin

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

How many of you out there agree?

First! 

As well as the already announced SMT (for which I have a resin AM IAB-500 lined up) and R. Oh, and the F-13 and U series, while they're at it. :)

Cheers,

andre

• Like 1

Hi, 

I am definitely with you. Hoping for a Mig-21Bis and why not SMT.

The Eduard Mig-21 series are gems but my building projects are complete now for the MF, PF and PFM (and even FL combining boxes).

I now have all the necessary boxes I need in my stash for the future. My next Eduard Mig-21 buys will be a new Mig-21 version only.

Eric B.      Hoping 

• Like 2

Just now, Eric B. said:

Hi, 

The Eduard Mig-21 series are gems but my building projects are complete now for the MF, PF and PFM (and even FL combining boxes).

I now have all the necessary boxes I need in my stash for the future. My next Eduard Mig-21 buys will be a new Mig-21 version only.

Eric B.      Hoping 

I’m with you. I have PFs, PFMs and MFs in my pile and DONT need any more. What I - and all Fishbed lovers need (I think) - is a Bis (the most widely used type internationally) plus a Sparka to the same Design standard. 

40 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah yes, a U/Um/US :) 

Eduard seem to have an aversion to trainers :(

Their Mig-15UTI sold pretty well, AFAIK

39 minutes ago, Eric B. said:

SMT and R have already been announced as "future" releases. 

40 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

The Modelsvit F-13 is pretty good, though 

I know! But I can get about thre Eduard kits for the price of one Modelsvit.

Plus, I have a number of the RoG kit in the stash already. But don't tell my girlfriend.  😉 

Cheers,

Andre

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I’m going to bang the drum again for an Eduard Bis in 1/72!!!!!!! Why not? It would be relatively easy given the fact that a 1/48!was already released. Come on Eduard, read the market and respond :)

How many of you out there agree? Let’s get a petition rolling ;)

Martin

I’m in!

But I do want the SMT too. And the FL. Seriously, there isn’t a -21 variant I don’t want!

Edited by lasermonkey
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah yes, a U/Um/US :) 

Eduard seem to have an aversion to trainers :(

Less than two weeks ago Mr. Sulc has noted that "21UM is slowly taking shape" 😉
And U/UM/US (plus F) have been several times last year mentioned by Eduard as "work in progress". 

Edited by ptarmigan
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eduard told me today That the MiG-21UM in 1/48 is progressing and will be followed by the same in 1/72.

Martin

PS: confirmed no plans at present for a Mustang in 1/72

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Eduard told me today That the MiG-21UM in 1/48 is progressing and will be followed by the same in 1/72.

Martin

PS: confirmed no plans at present for a Mustang in 1/72

Further to the above, Eduard has also now confirmed that all variants of the trainer will be included. To me that seems a tall order but let's see. I specifically quoted U/UA and UM and the answer was "of course". If so, my prayers will be answered once the "God's own" scale version is issued. ;) I will be buying a few!!!

Martin 

• Like 4

Sounds very good ! Thanks !

I have already got 11 (?) MF/PF/PFM, so more will come and will not be just one.

I hope for some Combo and limited editions.

There are also a lot of aftermmarket decals already available. Should be easy for everybody to find his/her favorite. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MiG-Mech said:

I hope for some Combo and limited editions.

I hope, as always, for something different. My focus will be a few Indians - U-400, U-600 and UM :), but not until the right scale is released ;)

Martin

• Like 3