1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

On 8/17/2019 at 10:03 AM, JBr said:

The last information re: MiG-21PF/PFM in 1/72 scale posted by Eduard boss himself on July 30th at modelforum.cz is that the PF kit is currently planned for December release, but depending on the situation the release may be postponed until January or February.

Does anyone know any more? December isnt far away and yet it is quiet on the subject ..... I think......

Dare I ask about an accurate Mongol?

Martin

• Like 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2931609616853966

1/72 scale Weekend edition of MiG-21MFN with a rich choice of basic equipment!

The kit includes photo-etched and resin accessories (antennas), which are specific for this version as well as an extensive decal sheet for 2 aircraft:

• 211st Tactical Squadron, 21st Tactical Air Force Base, Caslav air base, July 12, 2005,
  • 41st Fighter Squadron, 4th Tactical Air Force Base, Caslav air base, October 2002.

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/plastic-kits/weekend-edition/mig-21mfn-1-72.html

72679347-2931608206854107-44952993625528

V.P.

• Like 1

Anything on the interceptor version being released as a weekend edition? If I remember correctly, that was the first one to come out as a profipack.

Edited by Fin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Does anyone know any more? December isnt far away and yet it is quiet on the subject ..... I think......

Dare I ask about an accurate Mongol?

Martin

Any news? 

About future - ref. 70144 -  MiG-21PF/PFM "Fishbed-D"

Source: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95825&start=8355#p2268227

Something that went largely unnoticed at Plastikova Zima were few sprues in a dark corner of the Eduard stand.

They were none other than the brand new MiG-21PFM kit which is scheduled for release in January 2020.

This is the second stage in the 72nd MiG-21 story from Eduard introducing three brand new sprues and some modifications to one of the common sprues. One of them is Frame F exclusively for the PFM version with main fuselage parts, wings and the fin dorsal tank along with other smaller parts. One of the bigger problems with the MF kits was eliminated by redesign of the wing brake down. And in comparison with MF’s we get a separate rudder after in most cases it was deflected one way or the other.

Jd4kxgO.jpg

An interesting Frame is H which will be common with the PF version later next year. It has cockpit parts for both PF and PFM, introduces the SK seats which of course will be only for the PF version. A beautiful GP-9 gun container, all the different antennas including some microscopic ones too.

ySwg7t3.jpg

Frame I is for clear parts and once again it is for both PF and PFM. Two versions of the forward opening canopy (for later PF version) where one is intended for a closed, the other for the open position. Instrument panels in the now standard multi versions, so no points for guessing that there will be both decal and photoetch alternatives for the instruments.

hh4QbmB.jpg

On Frame D seen before in the MF versions some corrections were made and there is also the weapons sprue which is exactly the same as on earlier 72 nd scale 21’s.

w63Y3VY.jpg

So even if the 72nd revolutions has slowed down a bit (according to some), it is on track and in a months time the PFM kit will be out. As far as I know the next one, the MiG-21PF is due for around Moson but we did not speak about this with Mr. Sulc at Plastikova Zima. For the moment the PFM will be here and we should indulge in this one!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

My PFM landed on the door mat today :). I just need the time and she'll be a long awaited addition , with some tweaking, to my Indian collection. :)

Martin

And does it have all the bits to do an FL?    I found Eduard lack of interest in 1/48th for MiG-21's that saw actual, and reasonably well documented combat use surprising,  like the Indian AF FL's,  and especially as they had Israeli Mirage III boxings,  but not an Arab  FL from the six day war and the 'war of attrition' to Yom Kippor war,  I find the camouflaged ones most appealing subjects.

When they did their free postage off a while back I asked for, (and got)  a PFM tail/spine sprue to do an FL....but as @RidgeRunner  sig line says

"So many projects, so little time!"

cheers

T

7 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

And does it have all the bits to do an FL?    I found Eduard lack of interest in 1/48th for MiG-21's that saw actual, and reasonably well documented combat use surprising,  like the Indian AF FL's,  and especially as they had Israeli Mirage III boxings,  but not an Arab  FL from the six day war and the 'war of attrition' to Yom Kippor war,  I find the camouflaged ones most appealing subjects.

When they did their free postage off a while back I asked for, (and got)  a PFM tail/spine sprue to do an FL....but as @RidgeRunner  sig line says

"So many projects, so little time!"

cheers

T

I believe that it does. I need to check all the sprues. :)

MarTin

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
17.01.2020 в 16:33 RidgeRunner сказал:

Итак, Эдуард, проделав большую работу с PFM / PF, я думаю, что U / US / UM сейчас в ваших глазах? ;)

Мартин

The Russians say: “Your words, let God hear it!”  No, they did not promise ..

Edited by GROWLER

49 minutes ago, GROWLER said:

The Russians say: “Your words, let God hear it!”  No, they did not promise ..

Due to the absence of twoseaters in Eduards 1/48th MiG-21 range I'm not getting my hopes up...

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

I'm losing the plot :(.... Is there a 1/72 'bis coming from EdUard one day?

Considering the 1/72nd releases seem to follow the pattern set by Eduards 1/48th range, I would say a Gentlemen's Scale bis is very likely. 

More likely than an U at any rate...

Cheers,

Andte

• Like 2