1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

So. Back on topic. 

Are there any indications on what markings will be included in the next PF/ PFM boxings? Czech, Middle East and Noth Vietnam sees like a safe bet.

Cheers,

Andre

On 3/6/2019 at 7:01 PM, Hook said:

Are there any indications on what markings will be included in the next PF/ PFM boxings?

What is the difference, what markings will they include? In my opinion, the MiG-21 has already released so many an aftermarket decal, that any needs can be closed!

Yes, there is a certain problem with the first-line combat

squadron Soviet Air Force, because before the introduction of camouflage paint in the mid-70s, everything was monotonous and dimly lit with a silver color, so Eduard will hardly show anything new here.

B.R.

Serge

11 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

What is the difference, what markings will they include? In my opinion, the MiG-21 has already released so many an aftermarket decal, that any needs can be closed!

Well, it was an attempt to steer the discusion on topic again...  ;) 

Cheers,

Andre

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Well, it was an attempt to steer the discusion on topic again...  ;) 

Cheers,

Oh, sorry,😶 it turns out it was a cunning plan!😁

B.R.

Serge

P.S. As for me, modeller having all the parts of the Begemot decal for the MiG-21 in the closet,  ready for any decal surprises in the Eduard box!

😉😎

37 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Oh, sorry,😶 it turns out it was a cunning plan!😁

Yes! I was embracing my inner Baldrick here.  ;) 

P.S. As for me, modeller having all the parts of the Begemot decal for the MiG-21 in the closet,  ready for any decal surprises in the Eduard box!

😉😎

I only have one Begemot sheet, with decals for various MiG-25's - the only aftermarket MiG-21 sheet I have is an ancient Microscale sheet of questionable accuracy

Cheers,

Andre 

• 3 weeks later...

If like me you could not swallow the price of their Royal Class release last year for only 2 kits in the box with all the bells and whistles then you might wish to take a look at Hannants as they finally have it at a considerable discount - still not cheap but a lot more palatable! 

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Homebee said:

ref. 7451 - MiG-21MF "Fishbed-J" Fighter Bomber - Weekend Edition - September 2019

Oooh, swordfish! That looks like a nice option.

Cheers,

Andre

Wasn't the PF/PFM supposed to be released by now ? But we haven't even seen the sprue shots yet so I suspect it is a quarter to six months away 😕 

1 hour ago, Silverkite said:

when I just need a Bis, a Lancer, an RF, a PFM and they still keep releasing/announcing the same kit with new decals

-yawn-

Couldn't just release all the options then start the rebox business like Hasegawa does?

Luigi

You think Eduard will release a LanceR? It would be awesome, but also so simple you`d expect hearing about it by now if they were interested.

Btw, Hobby-Park (formerly Parc Models) has released a new decal sheet for the Romanian MiG-21 LanceRs:

https://www.hobbypark.ro/en/decals/15901-decal-mig-21-lancer.html

Of course, you`d still need all the other visual bits to convert Eduard`s kit into a Lancer and the only ones available are those from RV`s kits (72036 and 72037). Ironically, the LanceR PE fret included in those boxings is made by Eduard.

My guess would be that the 1/72 offerings will very closely mirror their 1/48 brothers. IIRC Bis and PFM (and maybe also PF?) have been already announced, but I'd imagine won't release a LanceR version. I know there has been some back and forth about the twin-seat version as well, but don't remember where the conversation is at the moment.

4 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Couldn't just release all the options then start the rebox business like Hasegawa does?

But maybe their mould machine -  stuck ? 😁  Maked mould and maked mould and again maked mould without stopped , and there is no way to stop it? 😁😁 Button "on/off"

broke in position "on"?😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fin said:

You think Eduard will release a LanceR? It would be awesome, but also so simple you`d expect hearing about it by now if they were interested.

Btw, Hobby-Park (formerly Parc Models) has released a new decal sheet for the Romanian MiG-21 LanceRs:

https://www.hobbypark.ro/en/decals/15901-decal-mig-21-lancer.html

Of course, you`d still need all the other visual bits to convert Eduard`s kit into a Lancer and the only ones available are those from RV`s kits (72036 and 72037). Ironically, the LanceR PE fret included in those boxings is made by Eduard.

Whelp I have a RV Lancer, was checking the 1/48 conversion and for what I see the wrong doings of RV resin bits are not that problematic, sure I still need an MF to slap and correct the RV Lancer bits on it :D

Luigi

On 14 August 2019 at 4:06 PM, jan_cz said:

My guess would be that the 1/72 offerings will very closely mirror their 1/48 brothers. IIRC Bis and PFM (and maybe also PF?) have been already announced, but I'd imagine won't release a LanceR version. I know there has been some back and forth about the twin-seat version as well, but don't remember where the conversation is at the moment.

The PF and the U/UM/US would add some variation to the oversupply of MFs etc in 1/72! Its time for a change (in my view)

Martin

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

The PF and the U/UM/US would add some variation to the oversupply of MFs etc in 1/72! Its time for a change (in my view)

Martin

PF was announced for the third or fourth quarter of this year along with the PFM. Obviously no chance for the third quarter now, so perhaps we'll get a nice Christmas surprise? Or next year's Easter :)
I doubt we'll ever get the two-seaters from Eduard.

7 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

How is the PF/PFM coming along? 

No update whatsoever and I have been keeping my eyes open since it is a must buy for me , It was slated for release by 3rd quarter and 4th quarter but we don't even have sprue shots at this point. 

If things had progressed as originally committed , we would have received the PF by now as well as some CAD/sneak-peak into their next 72nd scale kit as well - the Hawker typhoon .

The PF/PFM or others are certainly not coming before October, since they are not listed in the newsletter or leaflet. So far, we know there is a MF weekend and a MFN weekend coming. It is possible that we'll get a different version for Christmas, but my suspicion is that they'll come next year. Given their postponing of the Bf-109 G-6/AS to put out the Mustang, I imagine this has affected other projects as well.

The last information re: MiG-21PF/PFM in 1/72 scale posted by Eduard boss himself on July 30th at modelforum.cz is that the PF kit is currently planned for December release, but depending on the situation the release may be postponed until January or February.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Released - ref. 7451 - MiG-21MF "Fishbed-J" Fighter Bomber - Weekend Edition

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/plastic-kits/weekend-edition/aircraft/1-72/mig-21mfn-1-72.html

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2914164758598452

1/72 scale Weekend edition of MiG-21MFN differs by having rich choice basic equipment, compared to regular Weekend edition kits. The kit includes photo-etched and resin accessories (antennas), which are specific for this version as well as an extensive decal sheet for 2 aircraft:

• 211st Tactical Squadron, 21st Tactical Air Force Base, Caslav air base, July 12, 2005,
  • 41st Fighter Squadron, 4th Tactical Air Force Base, Caslav air base, October 2002.

71394034-2914160818598846-83970157721440

V.P.

Edited by Homebee