1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

20 hours ago, Aardvark said:

- You see, Kiril,  ( I said, turning to my companion) the modern exchange rate for one silver is ten dollars,but otherwise the price is the same!

Serge

I do not know what expression exists in English, but Mikhail Zhirokhov is "тот еще товарищ.."-  still  not a “comrade” ..

Edited by GROWLER

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Are they still selling overtrees? That might be another solution...

Yes they are available, but it depends on shipping whether they are worth it. Currently selling for about £8.70, you'll probably be able to get the Weekend kit for £10 or £11 and if it comes with the very nice decal stencils of the regular kit then it might be better value.

32 minutes ago, luis pacheco said:

We gonna see the Bis version ?

when they will end to resell the same box for 10 times in a row, maybe

Sometime I just wish that they will simply release the sprues with no decals, then do their tricks and in the meanwhile my Ace Combat Infinity Mig-21 Bis Huckebein will be already done with markings taken from Hasegawa and RV boxes plus Syhart and Begemot decals

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Yes they are available, but it depends on shipping whether they are worth it. Currently selling for about £8.70, you'll probably be able to get the Weekend kit for £10 or £11 and if it comes with the very nice decal stencils of the regular kit then it might be better value.

All true statements! Just keep eyes out for a good deal I guess.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Good luck Luigi with that! :winkgrin:

Based on what has been shown in planned Edu production, it is year 2023-2024. If at all. But I dont think we will see it released.

What year are we at the moment start of 2019?

Best regards

Gabor

And that's why I'm so wee weed off, have to wait 5 years for it, while I watch them release 3890489023802383030103^12 variants of the same box with different decals instead of just selling the decals and the extra bits apart then calling quits for the Mig-21 agenda and maybe start the Mig-17 one

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

If it was for me then sorry, I'm not Eduard's boss, I'm just noisy cause I fail to understand their market practices not only from their side but many others like Tamiya's lack of a complete F-16 family and in the meanwhile they pick a Spitfire and a BF-109, or Hasegawa and their lack of F-4C/D reboxes, been 11 years since their last 1/72 F-4C/D and nearly 20 years since their disappearance from catalogue.

After all I like to yell at the clouds

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

28 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

I dont feel it is appropriate for me to comment on anything at all in these forums in future.

Why? Your comments contain a lot of useful information in general, and this comment

(before adjustment)

personally seemed very

sarcastic with good humor, 

as for me.

B.R.

Serge

9 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Why did ya-gabor delete his comments? I wanted to read them.

He's making a point, playing the martyr after accusing us of being in Eduard's and then later in Airfix's pockets.  We asked him to remove his comment because it is untrue and he decided to commit "suicide by Mod" instead.  There's no understanding some people.  I used to get on really well with him, and was extremely grateful for his assistance when I built my Mig-31, but something about him has changed, and this is the sad end-result. :shrug:

• Sad 1

It will be interesting to see if Eduard will keep those extra resin bits in the future release of the MFN kit. Or maybe it will be similar as the first 1/72 MiG-21MF release (the library edition), where they included some resin for pieces that were not finished in plastic at that point.

Jan

On 01/03/2019 at 09:10, Mike said:

He's making a point, playing the martyr after accusing us of being in Eduard's and then later in Airfix's pockets.  We asked him to remove his comment because it is untrue and he decided to commit "suicide by Mod" instead.  There's no understanding some people.  I used to get on really well with him, and was extremely grateful for his assistance when I built my Mig-31, but something about him has changed, and this is the sad end-result. :shrug:

Way before the "suicide," I read many of his comments on the Airfix's Mig 17 thread and on this model. He seemed really angry, even though these are plastic models.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

He seemed really angry, even though these are plastic models.

For some modellers a model kit is more than a bunch of plastic parts to glue together, they expect it to depict the characteristic shapes of the real subject they are familiar with. They can get somewhat frustrated because the designer may have neglected some aspects of the real subject. The positive side though is that such modellers can eventually collaborate with kit producers on the design of the kit to tackle accuracy issues before the tooling is done. It wouldn't cross the mind of a casual modellers.  

11 hours ago, jan_cz said:

It will be interesting to see if Eduard will keep those extra resin bits in the future release of the MFN kit. Or maybe it will be similar as the first 1/72 MiG-21MF release (the library edition), where they included some resin for pieces that were not finished in plastic at that point.

I asked about MFN specific parts twice, once in modelforum.cz Eduard Q&A thread and once personally at Fishbed kit launch event in Prague, and the answer in both cases was the same -- there won't be any MFN specific parts in plastic and they most likely will be done as additional resin and PE. Since MFN will only be released as Weekend Edition later this year, I really hope they will include the parts there too. Unlike the 1/48 scale version which had all the needed parts in plastic, the 1/72 scale kit is just a plain "grey" MF. On the other hand, even if they are not included, all the needed details can be scratchbuilt quite easily.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Way before the "suicide," I read many of his comments on the Airfix's Mig 17 thread and on this model. He seemed really angry, even though these are plastic models.

I would call Ya-Gabor passionate - not angry. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Let's leave it there and get on with the discussion of the kit.  There's no need to psychoanalyse him now he's gone :shrug:

• Like 2

On 2/28/2019 at 9:32 PM, Silverkite said:

If it was for me then sorry, I'm not Eduard's boss, I'm just noisy cause I fail to understand their market practices not only from their side but many others like Tamiya's lack of a complete F-16 family and in the meanwhile they pick a Spitfire and a BF-109, or Hasegawa and their lack of F-4C/D reboxes, been 11 years since their last 1/72 F-4C/D and nearly 20 years since their disappearance from catalogue.

After all I like to yell at the clouds

Luigi

I feel your pain.

I've been complaining about the lack of marketing acumen by many (most) modelling firms, but for some reason modellers on forums seem to complain endlessly about kit engineering while simultaneously thinking their marketing people are geniuses :P

8 hours ago, Mike said:

There's no need to psychoanalyse him now he's gone :shrug:

Moreover, the topic: "You all sold out ____________ (enter the name of the company)!" as old,  as a mammoth's excrement!

😁😁😁

I don’t know if angry accusations sound on the French forums: “You all sold - Heller!”, on the Japanese: “Hasegawa bought you all!” and in Korean and Chinese, "You are in the pocket of Academy / Trumpeter!", respectively, but on the Russian forums something like: "You bought a Zvezda!" or as various: "You sold your soul to the devil, whose name is AKAN!!"😁😁, it was!

And at least, somebody from these accusers posted on forums a scan-copy of the contract of sale between forum admin and Airfix, Heller, Hasegawa, Zvezda, AKAN e.t.c ( necessary name company - 

please underline! 😁😁😁)????

I don't see this*!🤗

We say in such cases: "Spring has come again!"

😁😁

B.R.

Serge

* - But there are rumors, that such contracts between forums owner/admin &  

model maker's company

cannot be seen, because they are printed on the skin of a young "from the box" modeller , are signed with re-frozen Vallejo paint at midnight, at the full moon, at the cemetery of the started but unassembled abandoned models, under spells from upside down "Airfix magazine"! 😁😁😁

Therefore, such contracts are not visible before the scanner and are not reflected in the mirror!

😁😁😁

• Haha 1

I truly miss Gabor's posts because they were highly informative and I hope he will post again soon, as for certain company bankrolling "reviewers" or better said " inside the box viewers", one does not have to have outstanding powers of deduction to come to the same conclusion ( not speaking about this thread ), that is why forums like this have become my only and true source for unbiased info regarding model kits.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

I truly miss Gabor's posts because they were highly informative and I hope he will post again soon

I will too, but given the opportunity to retract baseless accusations, he chose to fall on his own sword, then set about defacing his past comments, so we had to lock him off. :(

17 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

that is why forums like this have become my only and true source for unbiased info regarding model kits.

We try, but it still doesn't stop people from accusing us of this, that or the other at their whim and with zero proof of anything :shrug:  Anyway - let's draw the line under this (again) and move on.  I'll remove any further correspondence that's off topic from here on in, as it's :offtopic: