1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

Brilliant ! Any indication of when these will be available ?

"Project wil start this year"

Spitfire and Fw 190 downscaling started 2014 od earlier and both are expected for late this year. MiG-15UTI too and i saw 3D modelling at Novemberfest 2013.

1/48 109G retooling started 2014 and final product is expected for October 2015.

It means no 1/72 Fishbeds from Eduard this year but big hopes for 2016..

But their "1/72 revolution" promising faster releases of new projects.

Ok, ok. But these will REALLY be the last kits I buy! :winkgrin:

Seriously, I have been hoping for a 'final' chance at some good looking PFs, PFMs and especially MFs in 1/72 :thumbsup2:

Edited by niki

"Project wil start this year"

Spitfire and Fw 190 downscaling started 2014 od earlier and both are expected for late this year. MiG-15UTI too and i saw 3D modelling at Novemberfest 2013.

1/48 109G retooling started 2014 and final product is expected for October 2015.

It means no 1/72 Fishbeds from Eduard this year but big hopes for 2016..

But their "1/72 revolution" promising faster releases of new projects.

Thanks for this, sounds like it will take some time. Not that I can't wait as the stash is pretty big anyway...

• 1 year later...

They probably have some delay. Originally Spitfire was announced for the second part of 2015 and the first shots had been showed earlier. So maybe this year or next. Now they are occupied with Bf 109G, FW 190 and Tempest in 1/48 and Spitfires and Focke Wulfs in 72nd. Patience is the only solution.

• 3 months later...

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2016/info-eduard-2016-06EN.pdf

(...) Either way, it shows how important the MiG-21MF was for the Czech Air Force and the former Czechoslovak Air Force, and the success in terms of kit sales is a good reason to continue on with the MF in the future.

It would make sense that 1/72nd scale kit and its versions should be next. It is a very frequent question, weather we intend to release 1/72nd scale MiG-21s, and the answer is yes. (...)

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2015/info-eduard-2015-01EN.pdf

So it's still on the go:

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2016/info-eduard-2016-06EN.pdf

(...) Either way, it shows how important the MiG-21MF was for the Czech Air Force and the former Czechoslovak Air Force, and the success in terms of kit sales is a good reason to continue on with the MF in the future.
It would make sense that 1/72nd scale kit and its versions should be next. It is a very frequent question, weather we intend to release 1/72nd scale MiG-21s, and the answer is yes. (...)

Thanks to Homebee for the news :D

Edited by sofiane1718
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...