1/48 - Bell UH-1Y Venom (Super Huey) by Kitty Hawk - released - new updt. boxing

Homebee

For the sake of clarity and after the release of the Kitty Hawk Bell AH-1Z Viper (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234943269-148-bell-ah-1z-viper-super-cobra-by-kitty-hawk-released/) I've decided to open a new dedicated thread for the future KH 1/48th Bell UH-1Y Venom - ref.KH80123

Source: http://scalemodels.ru/news/6428-vertoletnye-anonsy-Kitty-Hawk-Models-1-48.html

1374175817-DSC-6560.jpg

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=276651&view=findpost&p=2627492

UH-1Y_070208_zps4073f848.png

UH-1Y_070203_zps018b536a.png

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Over on Kitty Hawk's FB page are pics of the kit connstructed plus box art with a note 'ready to ship', look here www.facebook.com/pages/Kitty-hawk/736521713066784 it looks rather splendid.

Colin

Over on Kitty Hawk's FB page are pics of the kit connstructed plus box art with a note 'ready to ship', look here www.facebook.com/pages/Kitty-hawk/736521713066784 it looks rather splendid.

Colin

Hi Colin

AH-1Z Viper or Super Cobra kit pics and thread are here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234943269-148-bell-ah-1z-viper-super-cobra-by-kitty-hawk-released/?p=1848451

As here above mentioned, this new thread is dedicated to the future UH-1Y Venom or Super Huey.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I would like to make a 412 out of it too!

Why would you want to use this kit as a basis for a 412 conversion? That would require a total rebuild of the upper fuselage (exhaust, engine and MGB housing), rotor systems (main and tail, including blades and moving the tail rotor to the right side), the entire tail, cockpit, skids and various lumps and sensors around the fuselage. The UH-1Y has a 21 inch plug inserted behind the cockpit doors, so you would have to shorten the fuselage as well. Wouldn`t it be easier to go for the Italeri 1/48 UH-1N/212 kit and the Belcher Bits (BB8) 412/CH-146 Griffon conversion set? I`m not trying to be smart, I recently added the Italeri/BB combo to my stash to build a RNoAF 412 later, so I was just wondering if there was any known problems with these kits.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why would you want to use this kit as a basis for a 412 conversion? That would require a total rebuild of the upper fuselage (exhaust, engine and MGB housing), rotor systems (main and tail, including blades and moving the tail rotor to the right side), the entire tail, cockpit, skids and various lumps and sensors around the fuselage. The UH-1Y has a 21 inch plug inserted behind the cockpit doors, so you would have to shorten the fuselage as well. Wouldn`t it be easier to go for the Italeri 1/48 UH-1N/212 kit and the Belcher Bits (BB8) 412/CH-146 Griffon conversion set? I`m not trying to be smart, I recently added the Italeri/BB combo to my stash to build a RNoAF 412 later, so I was just wondering if there was any known problems with these kits.

Yes, I know what is involved. I'd use a mix of all three of the kits/sets you mentioned. I really like the front end of this kit. The nose is awful on the Italeri kit.

I know the Belcher set well as I had a hand with the research and development of the kit.

Or here is hoping they produce a 412.

• 3 years later...

I am late to the party, but I have a love of the "Huey" airframe, and Kitty Hawk seems to do very nice kits as well, so this bird is in the nest with her angry little brother, both kits at first glance look stunning.

I only wish I had waited though, as versions in 1/35 seem likely in both kits (if not already on the list) since they have a very interesting MH/AH line for several helos with resin figures too boot. I hope they all build up nicely, Kitty Hawk is fast becomingone of my favorite manufacturers, hopefully they will learn from their customers and try to reduce their pin ejector marks in high vis locations.

I hope they go with 35th scale as well. And am I reading that right, does it come with the sidewinder and two loaders? On the FB post, it shows figures as well. I hope they make the kits with clear distinctions between those with figures and those WITHOUT.

Avoid some of the confusion regarding the new MH-60L.

Regardless, I really like the direction Kitty Hawk is going in 35th scale, really leaning towards dioramas with their figures in specific kits, very nice.