GruntZone360's 1:48 Messerschmitt BF109E-3

Messerschmitt BF109E-3

Now I just got this model so don't expect any new information out by tomorrow on it because I tend to take things the long way. And look! It came with a cockpit! :yahoo:

G0L28a9.jpg

HLfdYHV.jpg

poyal77.jpg

IAVlPiD.jpg

GgP433O.jpg

uQzzA4e.jpg

fHHsq2n.jpg

TXSQIHy.jpg

APnpvq2.jpg

UPDATE :bye:

I'm having some trouble with the decals though, and yes, I did break them. A few pictures below you can see that I decided to just paint it black. No one would notice the difference.

I8VOiQY.jpg

70N8vFn.jpg

70kRHIA.jpg

Getting things cut out and smoothed.

So6EXoA.jpg

6OXlqTo.jpg

I did slow down even more than usual because I had cut the tip of my thumb by accident. The culprit in the first picture. I would take a picture the first couple of days of it, but I didn't think of anything until now. :whistle:

lwL2Kh6.jpg

xvVpYzc.jpg

The instructions didn't have anything to say about these two parts and under the plane doesn't have any type of holes to place the extra fuel so I was wondering if anyone would know what I should do with it?

cXtmsR5.jpg

Edited by GruntZone360
  • Like 1

Looks like you've posted the update in the original thread, and again separately, might want to see to that.

I don't think the E-3 used a drop tank, this kit shares the sprue with an E-4 which did use the drop tank.

Looks like you've posted the update in the original thread, and again seperately, might want to see to that.

I don't think the E-3 used a drop tank, this kit shares the sprue with an E-4 which did use the drop tank.

As above, the E-3 wasn't set up for external fuel tanks, but this kit shares sprues with the E-4.

You can find the instructions for the E-4 here - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10002342z4/70/4

Just remember that the E-4 had the squared off canopy, wgich isn't in the E-3 kit.

An easy 'cheat' with your instrument panel will be paint it dark grey (Humbrol 67 for example) and then when dry, very lightly sand down over the raised details to reveal the lighter plastic below. Tamiya plastic is a little dark though, so it may not be as effective. Don't forget to matt your cockpitt and pilot down a little.

• Like 1

Looks like you've posted the update in the original thread, and again seperately, might want to see to that.

Thanks!

As above, the E-3 wasn't set up for external fuel tanks, but this kit shares sprues with the E-4.

You can find the instructions for the E-4 here - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10002342z4/70/4

Just remember that the E-4 had the squared off canopy, wgich isn't in the E-3 kit.

An easy 'cheat' with your instrument panel will be paint it dark grey (Humbrol 67 for example) and then when dry, very lightly sand down over the raised details to reveal the lighter plastic below. Tamiya plastic is a little dark though, so it may not be as effective. Don't forget to matt your cockpitt and pilot down a little.

I might still use the drop tank and call it an E-3 modified. :coolio: I'm not really a person for historical accuracy, but one day I might. I'm planning to paint it black with some dark red lines in places. :hmmm: Going to make it up as I go. I might go with a Tron look.

Deleted the duplicated bits to tidy up - if you try to update the initial post with your ongoing progress, you'll eventually run up against the image limit per post, which is 25 or 30 IIRC. Best to post additional posts each time you update, so you avoid that. It'll also help people making comments to refer to the salient part of your thread :)

• Like 1

Now I really could have done with visiting this post before coughing up for a £5 decal sheet with my Tamiya 1:48 FW 190 A8.. I figured I'd get a naked tailplane. Turns out Tamiya include proper markings for German kits :)

They are some very nice kits.

• Like 1

Now I really could have done with visiting this post before coughing up for a £5 decal sheet with my Tamiya 1:48 FW 190 A8.. I figured I'd get a naked tailplane. Turns out Tamiya include proper markings for German kits :)

They are some very nice kits.

Yeah, they do. ;-)

And...

UPDATE

Just a small one. :(

Everything cut out and organized. Just needs to be painted and glued. ;-)

NdlpQrC.jpg