They look superb, hard to tell they are models. The only one that I don't really like is the Typhoon, I feel this is picture is unrealistic, mainly because the sky is far too bright and sunny for western Europe!

Selwyn

I agree with you, but overcast days in Central California have been few the last year or so. I would like to reshoot a few of the pieces in a overcast setting.

Rod

Hi Rod,

I can only echo what everyone else has been saying. Splendid models and equally splendid photography. Just my cup of tea.

I do agree with a couple of points already made. You have nailed the perspective in most of these shots which is a big contributor to the realism of the shots.

I also agree that about the only thing that allows the viewer to spot that they are models is the lack of chocks, streamers and GSE.

Although there are many contenders, for me, the shot below takes first prize.

F-18-09.jpg

I particularly like the fact that you have n't been tempted to get too close. IMHO this is a key feature and one of the main reasons this photo works. If you had wheel chocks on this model it would be indiscernible from the full sized article.

Fantastic stuff, thanks for sharing your images. I remain a huge fan of your work.

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer
  • Like 3

Rod,

PHENOMENAL models....set just right. :worthy::worthy::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::worthy::worthy:

All of your Models looks ASTONISHINGLY like THE REAL Aircrafts..

I like them all But I DO LOVE THE WILDCAT... :heart::heart: :heart: :heart::heart:

with or without the' choccywoccy doodah' makes no difference to ME as they ARE INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS .. :hypnotised:

Your photography is AS EXCELLENT as the models.. :Tasty::Tasty:

{no complaints at all from ME about ANYTHING !}

Sir...KUDOS.... :coolio:

THANK YOU for sharing them..appreciate it.

Edited by HOUSTON

very very convincing!!

it is really hard to tell this are models!

natural light and surroundings are hard to imitate!

well done, but take care! historians in a few years will report of armed Russian Mi-24s, Hustlers and Sabres at the same airport! ;)

• 3 months later...

Hope you will excuse this reply post Rod. Excellent pics you do much like I do myself, but unlike you I don't have an airport to hand, instead I use a picture as the background, then take the setup outside in sunlight in my garden. Model is in 1/200

8196383947_38733342e2_b.jpg

• Like 9

Wow, those photos combined with the external environment and how well they are taken, brings those babies to life. The realism is palpable! :thumbsup::thumbsup::worthy::worthy::clap2::clap2:

Cheers,

Martin :)

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely love these photos! I'm sure I have seen your articles before on the ARC galleries.

My favourite must be your Hustler, would like to see more photos of that, and really love your photos of that Wildcat, really could be the real thing. A pilot is about to jump in that and fire it up!

Martin

SUPER ... SUPER ... SUPER !! I also came to the realization that natural light seems to work better than anything else. Now if I can somehow manage to build models at least half as good as yours .... Bob

• 1 month later...

Absolut hyper realistic. You can be very proud of these pic's . Everything looks perfect. The models the background the light, the clouds on some pic's. Love it very very much please more of it.

Thanks for sharing

Best regards

Andy

Master Modeler and Photographer.

Regards, Dirk

Edited by Orion
  • Like 1