These are a couple of mine taken in the back garden with no staged lighting, just natural light

MackaMww4ibRZZxTLw708wewTK4zfH44War-A-_s

The shadow of the ladder & other bits help make it look real. Late in the day long shadow with the TR-1

rGXs8fV5mwk7LWTH9B4xg5TLBsdt6t7e2PgPWCXR

• Like 6

Natural light photos:

1/144 Minicraft C-135A

G0MlGpu.jpg

1/144 Roden C-141B

L8nczBE.jpg

wQHdiud.jpg

1/72 Hasegawa B-26C

FdBzRE9.jpg

1/144 Minicraft 727-222

XzgEnhH.jpg

1/72 Hasegawa V-22B

Bgi7xgY.jpg?1

Edited by Ad-4N
  • Like 11

On 11/24/2019 at 12:33 PM, theskits62 said:

What they said !! Brilliant its almost impossible to tell they are models. Presumably you use a tripod and incredibly small aperture to get the depth of field that is normally the giveaway on model photos ??

If you are asking me, I do not use a tripod and the camera is set on auto. I am no photographer nor do I mess with photoshop. I wish I was better at taking the pics.

Rod 

• 4 months later...

As a photographer these photos really make me happy! Stunning models for one by the composition and the lighting makes them at first glance indistinguishable from a real aircraft. 

Amazing job and please post more of these!

1 hour ago, ScaleModelHobbyist said:

Thanks for taking the time to update your original post. It was very nice to see these again (without the ‘photobucket’ graffiti). So many excellent models, the Hustler is one of my faves.

The Hustler is my favorite also. Thanks 

Rod

• Like 1

Hallo Werner,

absolute realistic , both HH-34 and F-104. Congratulations for the nice models and photographs. The weathering on the HH-34 is spot on !!!

Cheers

Andy 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting Rod. They are some of the best model photographs I have ever seen. 

Sunsets around here can be quite spectacular. I got lucky with the light here a while back and managed a couple of pleasing shots of an Airfix 1.72 Spitfire.

20200711-210737-copy.jpg

20200711-210832-copy.jpg

Here's an uncropped version. I sat a board on the roof of an old Ford and shot away.

20200711-210832.jpg

• Like 7