Rob Bettencourt, Ypu are right. I'm enchanted realism of your photos !! I envy you the background of your images. ,_))) I try do do something symilar, like Yours fantastic photos . Unfortunately, its hard to imitate a real air base ,_) 416a3462bc64a16a.jpg

• Like 5

The beauty of modelling wartime aircraft is that alot of them were dispersed, be it in the English countryside to the desert or even in the jungle.

This is the set I use, drive out into the countryside, (Bomber County countryside) and set up the dispersed area on top of the car with suitable backdrops a appropriate . . . . Spitfire in progress

26317453426_d365a15298_z.jpg

2nd photo shows a Lancaster . . .

26493167714_65bbfc2586_z.jpg

Edited by Mancunian airman
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Anybody else got some outdoor photos now the weather HAS been sunny for a while ??

Ian

I don't have a local airport as the back ground, so I use a printed picture as the background and with my collection of 1/200 metal collectables can do these

14126268415_2f4d2cbfdd_b.jpgDSCF0049 by triumphspeedtriple, on Flickr

and why not have them inflight :)

DSCF4012.jpg

• Like 7

Wow. Stunning. Looks absolute realistic. My favorite is the Virgin Airliner.

Thx for sharing.

I do my my pictures mostly outside, but almost in front of an artificial background..

But your pictures are so perfect. I am speechless.

Dirk

• Like 1

Thank you Sarcococca

Yes background is a printed out photo on paper, base is conti board, setup outside in sunshine, Then the only "trickery" is on some is to put a "foreground' back on the raw picture then crop it to what you want

DSCF0021_1.jpg

Then some photoshop fun

5f04f4d5-0df2-4ef7-ae5c-100f0752619b.jpg

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 13

Really incredible realism of the models and photos. I have regular contact with the Orion P3 and I assure you that if it were not that we are modeling a forum goes through a real plane.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...