Formula one Lightning

Well here's my first completed model of the year. The kit certainly doesn't fall together, and if you're tackling one straight after an Airfix one, you'll be in for a bit more work to get things to fit. That being said, you do get some brass and resin to play with, and the decal sheet is very well printed, even if the instructions are rather vague on their placement, and once again the classic "keep clean of intakes" stencils...

Anyway, Alclad finish once again, though this time it's a bit cleaner than my previous Lightnings which morphed into dirty birds in their construction! The pilot figure was painted in suitable 60's attire, and I decided to leave the missiles off as they are not a strong point in any Sword Lightning.

null_zps3ee857b6.jpg

null_zps96d6bf3b.jpg

null_zpsb502fb9c.jpg

null_zpsfb568a93.jpg

null_zps87d09cd7.jpg

null_zps4b8fc0ba.jpg

null_zpsbc5221f6.jpg

null_zps7806166c.jpg

null_zpsb94ecf79.jpg

null_zpse624e705.jpg

null_zps02f7e86f.jpg

And here it is in my little collection.. Just got the F3 and T5 to do now

null_zpsa536a761.jpg

null_zps0be71cf4.jpg

• Like 16

Thankyou chaps :) the Sword kits are buildable, and if anything I'd say the recessed panel lines are finer than on the Airfix ones, but you do need to put a lot more work into it, and filler, and sanding, and whittling....like real modelling...but they turn out quite nice

Like those! I see the Sword decal for the intake warning still says '"Keep CLEAN of Intake..."

I would have liked to added a couple by joining in the GB but |I just couldn't get 'into them'...