This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
claudius

Finnish Lizzie.

A Westland Lysander from Finnish Air Force, which I am a fan of.

1/48 Gavia kit, built several years ago with some photoetched parts, from Eduard if I am not mistaken.

I thought that this plane was small, actually it is huge. It dwarfs a Spitfire if you put them close to each other...

Probably the dihedral is too strong.

IMG_2075_zpsaizmy38m.jpg

IMG_2116_zps8tt2gbzc.jpg

IMG_2117_zpsjjbpuokd.jpg

Edited by claudius

Claudius that is absolutely stunning, as usual.

It's a bit of a change from the Med, but once again you have found a subject which is close to my heart and you have completed a masterpiece in it.

The painting and weathering is absolutely spot-on, simply perfect, and very inspiring.

Very well done sir.

What a great finish ( pun intended )

Very nice to see.

Cheers,

Mike

I can't comment on the dihedral but it certainly looks great! I can remember when first seeing a Lizzie at Duxford what a large machine it is. Thanks for showing.

FF

Gorgeus lady you have done! Excellent weathering and presentation! Happy new year and merry Christmas!!!

Oh very nice work, looks great, I have the Eduard one in the stash to build one day, I also can't comment on the dihedral, although I remember seeing a build article in one of the magazines which state the struts need to be brought inward a touch at the top.

Great work

All the best
Chris

That is a very impressive Lysander. It makes me want to break out my stash of Warlord comics. Wasn't there a series in that comic featuring a Lizzie?

BM.

Now that's a different looking Lysander!

Very impressive :goodjob:

Very nice work! - I have a kind of a soft spot on this particular painting scheme - I made the same machine in 1/72, from Matchbox kit when I was 17-years old, so 37 years ago... It is still on my shelf :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM

Excellent build. This reminds me of a Lysander alarm clock I saw years ago in some shop but I didn't buy it then and haven't seen one since. :weep:

:goodjob: