Use your local Hobbycraft!

SeaVenom

I've been using mine for a few years now and so far have found them pretty good for certain things. I've noticed their stock of kits can be a bit stagnant but because I've made more of an effort to buy as many kits as possible (and possibly other people have too) there's been more new kits appearing lately. I can also get glue, magazines and Tamiya and Humbrol paints from there. The more people use them the more new kits they'll get in.

Anyone else use them?

• Like 1

Yep - Peterborough branch gets visited at least once a week as I work just up the road.

Could really do with one in Leicester where I live.... It's a desert modelstockistwise.

• Like 1

Popped in to my nearest in Crawley last Saturday to buy some S/M blades and brushes. I had to get the brushes from the Artists section as there were none in the modelling section. But, it seems to have stocked up with quite a fair amount of Airfix, Revell and some Italeri and Tamiya kits. Hardly any paint and related accessories though! I did get an Airfix Gladiator too and Tamiya masking tape while they had some.

I use mine in Eastbourne, but sadly as last resort as stock not very good and pricing on the high side.

couldn't have put it better myself re Eastbourne

dwh...do you know Train Times is open again...not far away

Do visit the Aberdeen branch if Fiona drags me into Union Square but I'm spoilt with a proper model shop a few minutes walk from me in Inverurie and Junners in Elgin an hours drive away where I can visit a good friend they are in a distinctly third place of choice.

Not a huge selection of kits and the stock seldom seems to change so I'm guessing the Aberdeen branch doesn't make a lot profit from that side of things.

couldn't have put it better myself re Eastbourne

dwh...do you know Train Times is open again...not far away

Yes have been using Train Times since reopened, Sebastian doing very well building up stock slowly but could do with a few more kits.

I buy my accessories and extras there.

For kits I now go to Uckfield, very good selection of kits.

sinnerboy... do you live locally in Eastbourne?

dwh, yes I do mate,

so has Hobby Box got better re kits? was always pretty good with materials, Xtracrylics etc.

I'm going to try to use Sebastian as much as poss . especially now that young Jason at LSA has retired.

Hopefully I'm going to sell Sebastian a fair chunk of my stash so his stock level may increase soon, that's if he wants what I have to offer

sorry dwh, just read your post again, so HBox has a good selection then....havn't been there for a while. feel a bit of a drive coming on this week...goodie! although I'm supposed to be stash selling as moving this year, I hope!

Hobby Box has got better, usually come away with something when ever I visit them, last time spent nearly £100, usually have new kit release fairly quickly, as you say good for paints etc.

Like you if Sebastian increases his stock, would most certainly him for kits, purchased a lot of s/h kits recently from him that he was selling.

Where abouts in Eastbourne are you situated.?

Got to say I went to visit the one in Edinburgh Fort expecting a treat, how wrong can you be tho? It was dire, hardly any kits at all and cant see me having a reason to return. Just have to keep running the gauntlet of parking wardens overpriced parking and traffic jams and keep venturing to Wonderland when the opportunity arrises. :(

The Leeds one seems to blow hot and cold when it comes to kits etc. At present they seem to have run stocks down and paints etc are very poor. In the Art section the brush selection is not stunning. Judging from the time it takes them to get new kits in I think the store gets restocked about twice a year.

you would be lucky to find a model shop in Burton upon Trent full stop

Then again Graham, you have got Gee Dee hobbies and models in Heathcoat Street in Nottingham,

Clifton Curios at Breedon on the Hill between Ashby and East Mids. Airport

and Steve's Models on Market Street in Ashby :smartass:

Not too bad from 170 miles North :innocent:

Paul